MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, January 26, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 13.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

An Article on the Pepper Spray Mentality

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: An Article on the Pepper Spray Mentality

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm

The major symptom of the Blaska effect is not seeing the obvious, which has somehow eluded you.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:The major symptom of the Blaska effect is not seeing the obvious, which has somehow eluded you.

Au contraire, mon jonnygothère. I got your obviousness right here.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 am

jonnygothispen wrote:The Blaska effect...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pregnant ... rayed-with

Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray

a) Sad situation, but Blaska had nothing to do with it. Leave him out of it.

b) Why was a pregnant woman in the line of fire? Ridiculous and sad, but there's absolutely NO reason why she should have stayed when the police advanced. No, the pepper spray didn't likely penetrate the womb, but the stress and alleged police kick?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:56 am

The point being that Blaska's fanaticism and defense of violence towards protesters, or at best apologist attitude for the violence itself, leads to things this. It's also counter-dramatics in the style of which he thinks and pushes on everyone else.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 am

Meade wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:The major symptom of the Blaska effect is not seeing the obvious, which has somehow eluded you.

Au contraire, mon jonnygothère. I got your obviousness right here.

While you're down there, why don't you probe around in your ass to see if you can locate your memory of what you did vis-a-vis the draft during the Vietnam war? The more you ignore the question (after asking me the same thing and getting an answer), the more you appear to have something to hide.

Would it be easier and more to the point if we descended into the Blogosphere and asked Mommy? Once a lowrider, always a lowrider.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 am

And if you don't know about the honey badger, search it on youtube. It makes this photo even funnier
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 am

Madcity Expat wrote:Not only was your original statement rubbish, but your retort was terribly weak. I didn't give you an opinion other than that your original statement was rubbish. So you merely said that my opinion your statement was rubbish was rubbish. Not much to work with there...

As for being naive, foolish, and uninformed - aside from being a tepid ad hominem, the weakest form of rhetorical rebuttal that there is - how would you know anything of my experience with cops?

I could give you a quick summary of the several people I know personally in various positions in law enforcement, and/or my experiences with cops (by no means all positive)... but why bother? You've decided that all police are villianous bruts. What could I say that would persuade you otherwise?

The retort was purposefully weak; I didn't want to hurt your feelings after your lame comment. Let's see: I made a statement, you said it was rubbish... isn't the real issue that you don't know anything about my experience?

I grew up in Chicago. Everybody's grandpa is a cop. I have cops in my family, and several classmates who became cops. I don't know about all the grandpas, but I guarantee you every single one of them that I knew beforehand was a bully BEFORE becoming a police officer. Every. Single. One. No exceptions. NONE.

I appreciate that you've had a different experience, but considering your opinion of my statement, it points to "naive" and "uninformed."
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 am

Meade wrote:Speaking of bravery and morality, does anyone else wonder why President Obama has not yet come out with a statement of his position on the use of pepper spray mentality to get passive-aggressive resisters to comply with police orders to get up, pack up their tents, and find another way to occupy tuition increase protests in California state schools?

Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that Obama has become sort of corrupted by crony capitalism?

Obama's intimate relationship with the wealthlord's wallets has put him in a similiar situation as a plain person, whom in order to receive permission to work from the master class, must fall in line.
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 am

Speaking of naive and uninformed:

jonnygothispen wrote:The point being that Blaska's fanaticism and defense of violence towards protesters, or at best apologist attitude for the violence itself, leads to things this.

jonnygothispen gave us this link http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pregnant-woman-miscarries-after-being-sprayed-with to a sensational article about an allegedly young pregnant woman getting kicked and sprayed by Seattle cops to the point of miscarrying her first-trimester... what?

Now scroll down and click through the link to The Stranger, and read all the the updates:

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/11/21/pregant-woman-blasted-with-pepper-spray-by-spd-reportedly-miscarries

Keep drilling down and you'll find this:

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/11/22/questioning-the-accuracy-of-jennifer-foxs-miscarriage-claim:

While sources in general should be given the benefit of the doubt—even if they are homeless women—and there is no evidence that Fox isn't being entirety forthright, her story looks increasingly dubious.

It's worth pointing out that in the Seattlepi.com article last week, the reporter noted that Fox was two months pregnant, when she told me that she was three months pregnant at the time.

UPDATE at 4:18 PM: Acting on an anonymous tip, we heard that Seattle police found Fox in a house nearly nine weeks ago. According to a police report in which the names have been redacted, a suspect who appears to have a three-letter last name "said she is three months pregnant... and began crying when [a suspect] was arrested. [The person with a three-letter last name] began holding her stomach and screaming that it hurt." The woman was transferred to Harborview Medical Center. We are attempting to contact Fox to ask if she is the woman in the police report.

SPD has now provided a statement, saying that no complaint has been filed in the original incident. Seattle police sergeant Sean Whitcomb says: "We are aware of a claim that a pregnant woman who attended the November 15 Occupy Seattle march has been treated for miscarriage. We are also aware that she has attributed the miscarriage to the use of pepper spray and physical contact by Seattle police officers. No formal complaint has been made. Consistent with standard procedure, the Office of Professional Accountability, or OPA, has initiated an internal investigation to look into the matter further. The OPA investigators will be actively searching for any information that will support this claim."

Lesson? You don't need a jonnyweatherman to tell which way the spin goes.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 am

Whether the story is true or not, the focus remains on the excessive use of violence by the police, and violations of first amendment rights. The scenario is entirely possible. And you have Scott Olsen (among numerous additional incidents of police brutality)...
Scott Olsen, a member of Veterans for Peace and Iraq Veterans Against the War, has a skull fracture and is unconscious at Highland Hospital in Oakland, according to Keith Shannon, also a former Marine, who served with Olsen in Iraq in 2006-2007.
So your idea that it's preposterous, whether true or not, is out of touch with the reality of the police instigating violence.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 am

jonnygothispen wrote:Whether the story is true or not, the focus remains on

jonnygothispen wrote:whether true or not

See what I mean? jonny go spins this way but then jonny can also go spin that way.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 am

Yes, I see what you mean. The main point is irrelevant to you if you can find one flaw to focus on.

Why do you hate the first amendment, Meade?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:05 am

Bump for Meade. Man up and answer the question.

Henry Vilas wrote:Meade, you were asked this before but never answered. What did you do during the war (Vietnam, of course)? Were you a protester who ate tear gas (as Mr B implied he did) or did you enlist (and then ate gas as part of boot camp)? Maybe instead you had better things to do, like Dick Cheney.

Honest answer, please.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Bump for Meade. Man up and answer the question.

Henry Vilas wrote:Meade, you were asked this before but never answered. What did you do during the war (Vietnam, of course)? Were you a protester who ate tear gas (as Mr B implied he did) or did you enlist (and then ate gas as part of boot camp)? Maybe instead you had better things to do, like Dick Cheney.

Honest answer, please.

Tedious Hank.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 am

Henry Vilas (as if your name really is Henry Vilas), I was a one year old on Nov. 1 1955 when Eisenhower recognized the Republic of Vietnam.

When I was an eleven year-old Boy Scout, I asked not what my country could do for me but what I could do for my country by growing up to be a Green Beret.

In 1968 when I was 14, I began to realize that the former peace candidate, Lyndon B Johnson, was (and is) the most evil president in U.S. history.

In 1969 I dedicated myself to paying any price, bearing any burden, meeting any hardship, supporting any friend, and opposing any foe, in order to assure the survival and success of liberty and to end the draft.

In 1972, I was waiting to be convicted and sentenced to prison for 5 years for intentionally breaking Selective Service law.

On April 30, 1975, I was weeping in shame for my country and bracing for the coming genocide that ended up murdering more than 2 million Cambodians.

Thank you for your service, Henry Vilas, or whatever your real name is, and I hope that answers your questions.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government