MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby doppel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:27 pm

O.J. wrote:
doppel wrote:Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it's not just Republicans who are our elected sleazeballs. Check out this dandy Dem from Texas.
http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/03/27/56116.htm

Only a douchebag would think that ambulance chasing is as heinous a crime as denying equal treatment.

I'm was only commenting on the man's history and current charges of barratry. Who brought up "a crime"..."denying equal treatment". You. All on your own. Now how the two are related is something I'll leave for the douchebags of the world to figure out.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 am

Alaskan Congressman's Latino outreach:
http://news.yahoo.com/republican-congre ... itics.html
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 am

From the article:

"I used a term that was commonly used during my days growing up on a farm in central California," he said. "I know that this term is not used in the same way nowadays and I meant no disrespect."

Ah, dipshit, I'm pretty sure it was a racial slur back then too. I can think of a few other racial terms that were "commonly used back in the day"
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 pm

CPAC speaker and potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson:
Well, my thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality. It doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.

He left out those who want to marry a table.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:CPAC speaker and potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson:
Well, my thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality. It doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.

He left out those who want to marry a table.

NAMBLA and bestiality within the same sentence as gays. Well played Dr. Carson, well played. If only he could have fit Nazis* in there as well.

DRINK!
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate

Fox News personality? Sure. Presidential candidate? No way. Not going to happen.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 pm

kurt_w wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate

Fox News personality? Sure. Presidential candidate? No way. Not going to happen.

Did anyone think the junior senator from Illinois would be the presidential nominee three years before the Democratic Convention?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Did anyone think the junior senator from Illinois would be the presidential nominee three years before the Democratic Convention?
Commonwealth Edison did, and made sure he brought a few of their folks along for the ride.
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Did anyone think the junior senator from Illinois would be the presidential nominee three years before the Democratic Convention?

Well, that argument only goes so far. Ben Carson has got a good ticket to a retirement career on Fox, but he ain't running for president.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm

kurt_w wrote:

Well, that argument only goes so far. Ben Carson has got a good ticket to a retirement career on Fox, but he ain't running for president.

Political pundits seem to think otherwise.

I'd love to see the GOP have a bunch of loonies running (like in the last GOP primary race), as it would make for great theater. The Republicans always seem to have more room in their clown car.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I stand by what I said. Carson wouldn't even make it far in the primaries, and he's smart enough to know that. So he won't run.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:50 pm

But that Federal aid money better keep rollin in, you hear me?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 pm

The Elvis impersonator has left the building, and is no longer a suspect (apparently) in the ricin letters. The FBI are now looking at this guy:
A former Republican candidate for Mississippi’s House of Representatives named J. Everett Dutschke expressed disbelief and dismay Tuesday shortly after a man he was accused of framing for mailing letters that tested positive for the poison ricin to President Barack Obama and other officials was released from jail. Dutschke has not been charged in the ricin case and has denied any involvement.

At this point he's not a suspect. And he lost his one election. Sorry if this seems a little off-topic, but it is interesting:

Along with President Obama, ricin-tainted letters were sent to a local judge named Sadie Holland and Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS). Judge Holland is the mother of the man who defeated Dutschke in his 2007 campaign.

hmmm.
He was also the frontman of a “loop oriented rock” band called Dusty and the Robodrum.

Be sure to "Like" him on Facebook!
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 am

This is what we have to look forward to as we morph into Wississippi?

And it is not off topic. It's another thing wrong with the GOP and the people in it. They shouldn't be mailing ricin all over. I think we can agree on that without getting all defiled.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government