MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 38.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Poll: Women Voters Flocking To Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Poll: Women Voters Flocking To Obama

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:It seems as though the Democrats "War on Women" strategy, spearheaded by charming Obamabot Hilary Rosen, has come back to slap them frozen flounder-style:

And we'll see how this comes back to haunt mittens:

“While I was governor,” Romney said, “85 percent of the people on a form of welfare assistance in my state had no work requirement. I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless,’ and I said ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving daycare to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezr ... _blog.html

So if you're poor you should have to work, if you're rich and your husband can support you, then stay at home and raise proper kids.

Oh mitten flopper. He's your John Kerry.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Bwahaha, now his wife is at it.

“I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.”

Thank god there are poor people to do the work and I have the privilege to stay at home and take care of my kids. You know, life's hard when you're living off your husbands stock portfolio he got from his dad.

They need a new communications director or sumpthin'
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Bwahaha, now his wife is at it.

“I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids.”

There you have it. Today's Republican Party, in a nutshell.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:
About half the wives were closet liberals pretending to have the same views as their husbands.

This.

A lot of insecure women need a daddy figure to take care of them.

The Democratic Party is their daddy figure.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Yup
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Yup

You think Hillz is the type for daddy figure?

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Ah yes, Ned defaulting to the Clintons again. What wacky hijinks!

Hillary's speech to the United Nations on Women's Rights

Now it is the time to act on behalf of women everywhere. If we take bold steps to better the lives of women, we will be taking bold steps to better the lives of children and families too. Families rely on mothers and wives for emotional support and care. Families rely on women for labor in the home. And increasingly, everywhere, families rely on women for income needed to raise healthy children and care for other relatives.

As long as discrimination and inequities remain so commonplace everywhere in the world, as long as girls and women are valued less, fed less, fed last, overworked, underpaid, not schooled, subjected to violence in and outside their homes -- the potential of the human family to create a peaceful, prosperous world will not be realized.

Yep, just like Ann Romney.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 pm

ilikebeans wrote:Ah yes, Ned defaulting to the Clintons again. What wacky hijinks!

Hillary's speech to the United Nations on Women's Rights

Now it is the time to act on behalf of women everywhere. If we take bold steps to better the lives of women, we will be taking bold steps to better the lives of children and families too. Families rely on mothers and wives for emotional support and care. Families rely on women for labor in the home. And increasingly, everywhere, families rely on women for income needed to raise healthy children and care for other relatives.

As long as discrimination and inequities remain so commonplace everywhere in the world, as long as girls and women are valued less, fed less, fed last, overworked, underpaid, not schooled, subjected to violence in and outside their homes -- the potential of the human family to create a peaceful, prosperous world will not be realized.

Yep, just like Ann Romney.

How very. Bubba's long-suffering enabler lecturing the rest of us on how to treat women.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
Huckleby wrote:Is the issue that conservative women are dramatically more likely to get married? That seems unlikely, since the same political split does not occur between married and single men.

I wouldn't discount this quite that quickly. Men and Women don't necessarily have the same attitude towards marriage and traditional societal views of unmarried women versus unmarried men is also different.
But those conservative women are typically marrying conservative men, so if the explanation is simply that conservatives marry more, then we would see similar voting differences between married/single men.

Francis Di Domizio wrote:It's probably a mixture of several things: Higher average age of married women, perception that republicans won't take money away from them (and their children) and give it to other people and their children, women who do marry younger are probably more likely to have been raised conservative.
Hadn't thought of the last one: conservative women are married a longer percentage of their lifetime.

I find the different politics of married and single women stunning. It looks like a shift from community orientation to family focus. Sort of like the friend who gets married and stops maintaining friendships.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 am

I get the feeling flanders is still suckling from his mommy's teat.

Someone hand ned a big boy cup and see what he does.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 am

HeyZeus wrote:I get the feeling flanders is still suckling from his mommy's teat.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
HeyZeus wrote:I get the feeling flanders is still suckling from his mommy's teat.

Ned wears glasses? I did not know that.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Detritus wrote:Ned wears glasses? I did not know that.

I think what Ned's getting at here is that a Democratic senator once dressed up in a ridiculous costume as part of his then-vocation as a comedian. Therefore, Republicans are the party that cares about women. A truly compelling argument.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

nutria wrote:
Detritus wrote:Ned wears glasses? I did not know that.

I think what Ned's getting at here is that a Democratic senator once dressed up in a ridiculous costume as part of his then-vocation as a comedian. Therefore, Republicans are the party that cares about women. A truly compelling argument.

Ah, well then. That's different.

Never mind.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government