MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Pinocchio-hontas

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Pinocchio-hontas

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Meet Elizabeth Warren, FOO, candidate for the "Kennedy (hiccup) seat" in MA and Native American :P

A female Ward Churchill. Jobbing the affirmative action scam to further her career. How does she know she's "Native American"? Why her father had "high cheekbones, like all of the Indians do"!

"Elizabeth Warren, the likely Democratic nominee in the Massachusetts Senate race, has had a bad week."

"Warren, who has polled closely with incumbent Republican Sen. Scott Brown, has spent the week responding to questions and criticism about her listing herself as a minority based on tenuous Native-American ancestry in faculty directories at the University of Texas, University of Pennsylvania and Harvard in the 1980s and 1990s."

more...

That same day, when speaking to a local reporter, the Oklahoma City native recounted a story of how her Aunt Bee used to envy her grandfather’s “high cheekbones” - which Aunt Bee described as a physical characteristic of many Native Americans.

“I still have a picture on my mantle at home, and it’s a picture of my mother’s dad, a picture of my grandfather, and my Aunt Bee has walked by that picture at least a 1000 times, remarked that her father, my Pappa, had high cheekbones, like all of the Indians do, because that’s how she saw it, and your mother got those same great cheekbones, and I didn’t. And she thought this was the bad deal she had gotten in life” Warren said

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... th-warren/
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Pinocchio-hontas

Postby nutria » Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 am

Wow Ned, "Pinocchio-hontas." That's pretty clever -- please, tell us how you came up with it all by yourself. I mean, it's possible that you just took that from somewhere else, but that's something a non-thinking, sycophantic moron would do.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 am

nutria wrote:Wow Ned, "Pinocchio-hontas." That's pretty clever -- please, tell us how you came up with it all by yourself. I mean, it's possible that you just took that from somewhere else, but that's something a non-thinking, sycophantic moron would do.

Trust me. It wasn't that difficult. These thing write themselves.

Care to comment on her deception?

No, I didn't think so.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Care to comment on her deception?

No, I didn't think so.

Care to comment on her qualifications for office or her positions on issues?

No, I didn't think so.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 am

So, we have someone who is 1/32 Cherokee, who thought - or claimed - that she was more than 1/32 Cherokee, and because we love the Native Americans so much we title our post with a phrase that is insulting to Native Americans on many, many different levels.

I'm trying to find out what the Native American nations think of this but for some reason they don't appear to care much that someone who is part native thought they had more native blood than was technically true.

Sure is a good way to make some noise, though.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Trust me. It wasn't that difficult. These thing write themselves.

Aww, you're adorable. You actually think other people are as dumb as you, and are unable to google "Pinocchio-hontas."

Ned Flanders wrote:Care to comment on her deception?

No, I didn't think so.

Look at the big boy, trying to stay on topic. I'll just go get my funny pictures of Mitt Romney, and will be back here with them, post-haste.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 am

I'm mostly concerned that she has an Aunt Bee and nobody has made a reference to The Andy Griffith Show.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

rabble wrote:So, we have someone who is 1/32 Cherokee, who thought - or claimed - that she was more than 1/32 Cherokee, and because we love the Native Americans so much we title our post with a phrase that is insulting to Native Americans on many, many different levels.

I'm trying to find out what the Native American nations think of this but for some reason they don't appear to care much that someone who is part native thought they had more native blood than was technically true.

Sure is a good way to make some noise, though.

She used phony minority status to job the system. So who's insulting Native Americans?
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

Stomach wrote:I'm mostly concerned that she has an Aunt Bee and nobody has made a reference to The Andy Griffith Show.

Too true, too true. I can't speak for anyone else, but I intentionally left out Mayberry references because I hate America, and want to have a gay Muslim abortion welfare queens from Kenya get gay-married to Al Qaida at the Democratic National convention.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

Harvard trips on roots of Elizabeth Warren’s family tree
Officials touted her Native American lineage

Elizabeth Warren’s avowed Native American heritage — which the candidate rarely if ever discusses on the campaign trail — was once touted by embattled Harvard Law School officials who cited her claim as proof of their faculty’s diversity.

more...

The Ivy League law school prominently touted Warren’s Native American background, however, in an effort to bolster their diversity hiring record in the ’90s as the school came under heavy fire for a faculty that was then predominantly white and male.

“Of 71 current Law School professors and assistant professors, 11 are women, five are black, one is Native American and one is Hispanic,” The Harvard Crimson quotes then-Law School spokesman Mike Chmura as saying in a 1996 article. The Crimson added that 83 percent of the Law School’s students believed the number of minority women on staff was inadequate

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/v ... an_lineage
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri May 04, 2012 11:03 am

Ned Flanders wrote:She used phony minority status to job the system. So who's insulting Native Americans?

No she didn't. You are.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 11:08 am

rabble wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:She used phony minority status to job the system. So who's insulting Native Americans?

No she didn't. You are.

Yes, yes she did. And Haaaavaaaad pimped her to plump up their "diversity" record.

Pretty disgusting stuff.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

But neither has the Brown campaign proved that she has benefited personally from the claim.

more...
“To suggest that she needed some special advantage to be hired here or anywhere is just silly,” said Jay Westbrook, chairman of business law at the University of Texas.

even more...
Officials at the University of Texas said earlier on Monday that electronic records listed Ms. Warren as white. “Based on a preliminary search of electronic records, her ethnicity group is white,” said Annela Lopez, the university’s open records coordinator.

Hey look! MORE!
At a campaign stop earlier Monday, Mr. Brown had sought to distance himself from the controversy while at the same time stoking it. “I haven’t accused her of anything,” Mr. Brown told reporters in South Boston as he encouraged them to continue investigating the matter.

New York Times
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri May 04, 2012 11:25 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
nutria wrote:Wow Ned, "Pinocchio-hontas." That's pretty clever -- please, tell us how you came up with it all by yourself. I mean, it's possible that you just took that from somewhere else, but that's something a non-thinking, sycophantic moron would do.

Trust me. It wasn't that difficult. These thing write themselves.

Care to comment on her deception?

No, I didn't think so.

It's a complete non-issue. Only a troll who hates America would think otherwise.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri May 04, 2012 11:37 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Elizabeth Warren’s avowed Native American heritage — which the candidate rarely if ever discusses on the campaign trail — was once touted by embattled Harvard Law School officials who cited her claim as proof of their faculty’s diversity.

So, this isn't a story about Warren.

Its about Harvard trying to avoid appearing as a bastion of white male privilege.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government