MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Birther Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Birther Obama

Postby bdog » Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 pm

He is right you know.

Yeah, simpler.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Sun May 27, 2012 9:03 pm

pjbogart wrote:Please come clean and release the documents that show that you aren't married to any other women than Ann Romney.

Did Romney ever tout his plural marriage? Did his literary agent ever write his bio: "born in Polygamyland"?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby bdog » Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

No Meade, it's EXACTLY the same thing.

Ha nwah ha ha ha.

I meant bwah.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 pm

bdog wrote:I meant bwah.

Thanks for clearing that up, dog. I was afraid you'd swallowed your tongue.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby pjbogart » Tue May 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Donald Trump appeared on Wolf Blitzer's show on CNN and had a verbal sparring match over birtherism. You almost can't help but feel a bit sorry for The Donald as he maintains his ludicrous dedication to birtherism.

Donald and the Wolf
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6091
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

"JIM TREACHER: Why does Donald Trump keep saying Obama was born in Kenya, when even Obama has stopped claiming that?"

Image

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/25/why-d ... ming-that/
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 30, 2012 10:19 am

So let me get this straight... the hospital, the newspapers and the State of Hawaii all confirm that Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 but you reject that evidence in favor of a publisher who admits that she made a mistake thinking he was born in Kenya?

Is that kind of like thousands of climate scientists confirming global climate change but you trust Rush Limbaugh's analysis instead?

You believe what ever you want to believe, Rich. The rest of us are forced to live in a world full of facts.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6091
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 am

"The part about being born in Kenya isn’t true. Obama made it up. He was fibbing. Prevaricating. Perpetuating a falsehood. Some would call it BS. A whopper. A statement that had no basis in reality. If it were possible for Obama’s buttocks to literally detach from his body as the result of a lie, that one would do it.

You’re just going to have to face facts, Donald: Obama is, was, and always will be full of crap."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/25/why-d ... z1wMnhWjPL

"a publisher who admits that she made a mistake thinking he was born in Kenya?"

Where did she get that idea? In the real world full of facts the fact is Authors write their bios.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 am

Thank you. Exactly the point, Rich Schultz - Obama, himself, was the original "birther". Obama had a reason to believe that his birthplace mattered. He also had a reason to revise his story. Those reasons should have been scrutinized by the media (for the people) back in 2008 but they were not. Last chance, folks. Before we reelect someone who - for any number of reasons - should never have been elected in the first place.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby wack wack » Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 am

Rich Schultz wrote:In the real world full of facts the fact is Authors write their bios.


A fact about facts that isn't a fact at all.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 am

So you say, now back it up.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:Where did she get that idea? In the real world full of facts the fact is Authors write their bios.


Is that a fact, Rich? An assertion? A suspicion?

Perhaps you're confused as to what constitutes a "fact."
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6091
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed May 30, 2012 4:17 pm

"All material she used in our proposals came directly from me and my writing partner. She edited our rough-draft proposals and gave us feedback, but the final versions were all ours. Our final versions, bio included, were then simply photo-copied, by us, and distributed to potential publishers. This was back in the pre-Google days, recall.

I was asked to write the bio in the third person.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/18/why-w ... z1vNn4C98t

That's from an author who worked with that editor.

Now let's review your theory. Publishers just make up Author's bio's, select countries of birth at random, and hide the results from the author for decades. Even though they have updated the bio several times in between, again without checking with the author. Is that what you are trying to sell? Cause it's pretty pathetic and completely unrealistic.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:"All material she used in our proposals came directly from me and my writing partner. She edited our rough-draft proposals and gave us feedback, but the final versions were all ours. Our final versions, bio included, were then simply photo-copied, by us, and distributed to potential publishers. This was back in the pre-Google days, recall.

I was asked to write the bio in the third person.”


Huh... that's an interesting quote you have there, Rich. Why did you omit the first paragraph? Here, let me help you out...

Now let me say right up front: when it comes to Obama, I’m not going to speculate who wrote what, when. Dystel had assistants, one of whom is now her partner, Miriam Goderich, who says the whole Obama-born-in-Kenya thing was a fact-checking mistake by her. And I cannot speak specifically to the mechanism of Dystel’s publicity. (Alas, Dystel was unable to sell anything I wrote, so she had no reason to promote me, but I’m getting ahead of myself.)


You seem to be inserting "facts" that you really, really want to be true.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6091
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby jman111 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm

As a writer you usually get to (read: have to) write your own bios and blurbs.
writing-world.com

Notice the inclusion of "usually"? Is it possible for an author bio to be written by someone other than the author?
jman111
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2922
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar