MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
shriners
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Immigration fight: all about future voters

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Immigration fight: all about future voters

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:16 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:...to distract us from the Fast & Furious scandal and the Holder contempt charge.

So the FOX News acolytles hold in their narrow view, but opinions differ. F & F is the distraction. Immigration issues have been on the table for years.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 pm

While I tend to subscribe to the Squirrel theory, there is another theory that seems plausible as well. It is not either/or, it could be both.

This comes from the No Agenda boys, Crackpot and Buzzkill, on the No Agenda Podcast http://www.seanhannity.com

Diane Feinstein has been, in her words, trying for 10 years to get a bill through that would allow illegals to be legalized for the purpose of picking California crops. I can find the recent clip of her saying this if anyone wants.

Diane Feinstein is Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee. As such, she should have a duty to investigate the recent leaks about Stuxnet/Flame that may have put us in a state of war with Iran.

For an article datelined June 6, 2012:

"Feinstein, chairwoman of the Intelligence Committee, disclosed that she had sent a classified letter about the issue to President Obama and has discussed holding a joint hearing with the Senate Armed Services Committee to investigate the leaks."

Obama in his speech on immigration said:

"Giving certainty to our farmers and our ranchers; making sure that in addition to border security, we’re creating a comprehensive framework for legal immigration -- these are all the right things to do." [emph added-JRH]

So is this whole thing a payoff to Diane Feinstein to keep her from investigating the security leaks?

At least before the elections.

Any bets on whether her committee holds hearings on this?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:...to distract us from the Fast & Furious scandal and the Holder contempt charge.

So the FOX News acolytles hold in their narrow view, but opinions differ. F & F is the distraction. Immigration issues have been on the table for years.

My cable provider doesn't even carry Fox News.

Is Fox saying this? I just don't know.

Why do you think he came out with this non-policy change non-executive order just now?

Timing is just a coincidence?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:

My cable provider doesn't even carry Fox News.

Is Fox saying this? I just don't know.

Yet in your prior post you included this link: http://www.seanhannity.com. Are you claiming you don't know who Hannity works for?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Yet in your prior post you included this link: http://www.seanhannity.com. Are you claiming you don't know who Hannity works for?

Oh.

I see your confusion. You think that link has anything at all to do with Sean Hannity. You could click it to see if it does.

It does not. Someone else owns the domain, apparently to Hannity's annoyance, and they set it up to forward to www.noagendashow.com hopefully to Hannity's even greater annoyance.

FWIW: Many NA listeners who have domain names not in use forward them to the show. They have something like 1500 URLs that take one to the show. My www.angriculture.com (+ .net and .org) domains are set up this way until I get around to doing something with them.

I do not care much for Hannity (Or many of the other Fox personalities such as O'Reilly, Rivera, Huckabee et al) Using this link to send people to No Agenda gives it more Google Juice and puts it higher on the page whenever someone searches for Sean Hannity.

That is why I use it instead of the direct link to the No Agenda Show.

For those who have not listened, check it out. It is Adam Curry and John C Dvorak chatting with each other for about 2-1/2 hours each Sunday and Thursday. They are hardly Republicans. Or Demmies for that matter. No commercials, the show is completely listener supported via donations. No taxpayers are coerced in the making of the show.

Where else will you find the dots between Feinstein, Obama, Stuxnet and leaks being connected?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down as unconstitutional most parts of the controversial Arizona immigration law. Arizona law enforcement can still check the legal immigration status of those arrested or detained, but cannot do so through racial profiling. I see law suits over that last part. Anyone remember Born in East L.A.?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down as unconstitutional most parts of the controversial Arizona immigration law. Arizona law enforcement can still check the legal immigration status of those arrested or detained, but cannot do so through racial profiling.

Or as FoxNation described it "defeat for Obama"...
Since edited.
http://nation.foxnews.com/arizona-immig ... feat-obama
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 am

I watched MArco Rubio on Charlie Rose last night. What a huckster! He speaks in sensitive tones about the Mexican people who came here seeking a better life, then his policy is the usual shit-on-um.

Rubio presents himself as a new, open-minded, fresh hispanic face. But his approach is the same-old Republican non-starters:
1) His idea of negotiation is "give me everything I want, and then later we can talk about what you want." Ya, that will bring a comprehensive deal.
2) It is ok for illegals to stay here and work. That is their carrot. Illegals working here are not a magnet for other illegals to come. Everything is on the table except voting. Anything is possible, except illegals must never have a path to voting. The reason is that being able to vote would be a magnet that draws millions of illegals. That's why illegals come here, you see, for the opportunity to be Democratic voters.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
fisticuffs wrote: These people were elected to legislate not obstruct and fund raise.

More correctly, they were elected to represent the citizens of their states.

Even more correctly, the majority of Republicans are not representing the states they come from or the people who elected them, they've signed a pledge to represent Grover Norquist.

Norquist endeavors to shrink the United States government to nothing. In essence, destroy it. That is treason.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government