MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Tea Party is Losing

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Tea Party is Losing

Postby scratch » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 am

bdog wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:And now I'll bet you try to defend your indefensible statement.
Shame on you PJBogert you racist shit.

I really hate people throwing around the word "indefensible". I think Jason should filter indefensible to come out as "brilliant".
The "shame" part is also a yawner.
s/b "pjbogart you racist shit". Peej is very particular about people getting his name right.

Pretty much agree with the above, though this:

bdog wrote:and you were probably only using both of those words to mock people

strikes me as a little too precious even for you since you frequently engage in the same strategy.

[quote-"bdog"]My asshole lives on.[/quote]

No doubt. And your asshole seems fully capable of more interesting and less duplicitous or manipulative postings.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: Unfortunately, you probably don't even know why.

I don't get it either. I assume you are being sarcastic.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 am

Hey scratch - bullshit.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Marco Rubio is the new JC Watts, enjoying an affirmative action ascendancy

That is the most disgustingly racist (about Watts) and ethnicist (about Rubio) garbage I have seen anywhere all year.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Unfortunately, you probably don't even know why.

And now I'll bet you try to defend your indefensible statement.

John Henry

Not only will I defend it, I'll repeat it. Marco Rubio, like JC Watts before him, has been pushed to the forefront of Republican power players in order to give Republicans a multi-cultural face. Rubio's signature legislative accomplishment was to cosponsor a bill declaring September "National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month." Thank god it passed!

If not for his name and Cuban ancestry, Marco Rubio would not be considered an important person within the Republican Party. Therefore his ascendancy is due to race, otherwise known as affirmative action.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

pjbogart wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Marco Rubio is the new JC Watts, enjoying an affirmative action ascendancy

That is the most disgustingly racist (about Watts) and ethnicist (about Rubio) garbage I have seen anywhere all year.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Unfortunately, you probably don't even know why.

And now I'll bet you try to defend your indefensible statement.

John Henry

Not only will I defend it, I'll repeat it. Marco Rubio, like JC Watts before him, has been pushed to the forefront of Republican power players in order to give Republicans a multi-cultural face. Rubio's signature legislative accomplishment was to cosponsor a bill declaring September "National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month." Thank god it passed!

If not for his name and Cuban ancestry, Marco Rubio would not be considered an important person within the Republican Party. Therefore his ascendancy is due to race, otherwise known as affirmative action.

Just to be clear, a 1 term senator (who happens to be a minority) is perfectly qualified to be a Democratic president, but a 1 term senator (who also happens to be a minority) couldn't possibly be selected to be the Republican candidate for VP based on his abilities?
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:15 am

pjbogart wrote:If not for his name and Cuban ancestry, Marco Rubio would not be considered an important person within the Republican Party. Therefore his ascendancy is due to race, otherwise known as affirmative action.

Fuckin' A. When it comes to promoting candidates cynically, the Republicans reign supreme. Look back at the 2008 election: The Democrats where well on their way to having either an African-American or woman at the top of the ticket. Either case would be a first for a major party. As it turned out, Obama got the nomination, so Republicans were left needing a woman for McCain's VP slot, and they really could not have cared less as to who it was, so long as it was a woman. This is how the civilized world got introduced to the least-qualified VP candidate in history. Make no mistake about it, if it had turned out that Sec. Clinton had gotten the nomination, the Republicans would have tabbed some black guy, doesn't matter who, for the VP slot. Hell, maybe it would have been Herman Cain. He would be GREAT in the reality TV world, where Palin is currently collecting her checks.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Just to be clear, a 1 term senator (who happens to be a minority) is perfectly qualified to be a Democratic president, but a 1 term senator (who also happens to be a minority) couldn't possibly be selected to be the Republican candidate for VP based on his abilities?

Excellent point, Francis. But hasn't the Republican argument against Barack Obama been largely about inexperience? It seems to be practically an asset for Rubio, who can't be accused of screwing anything up because he's never really done anything. Yet apparently he's qualified to be President, moreso than elder statesmen like Richard Lugar, who can't even find a seat these days in the clown car we call the Republican party.

And lets look at their educational pedigrees... Columbia/Yale vs. Tarkio College (on a football scholarship)/Santa Fe Community College/University of Florida (go gators!)/University of Miami (go 'canes!).

Pretty thin, especially considering that he would have been showered with all that affirmative action that Republicans like to gripe about.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:28 am

pjbogart wrote:Excellent point, Francis. But hasn't the Republican argument against Barack Obama been largely about inexperience? It seems to be practically an asset for Rubio, who can't be accused of screwing anything up because he's never really done anything. Yet apparently he's qualified to be President, moreso than elder statesmen like Richard Lugar, who can't even find a seat these days in the clown car we call the Republican party.

And lets look at their educational pedigrees... Columbia/Yale vs. Tarkio College (on a football scholarship)/Santa Fe Community College/University of Florida (go gators!)/University of Miami (go 'canes!).

Pretty thin, especially considering that he would have been showered with all that affirmative action that Republicans like to gripe about.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that Rubio hasn't done anything. He has a little less time in as a state legislator compared to Obama, but did served as state Speaker of the House during that time. He does have a shorter tenure in the Senate than Obama did when he ran for president. He may have limited notable activity in the year and half since he joined the senate, but that isn't exactly odd for a first term senator, who isn't trying to build up for a run at president. In a way, Obama getting elected (and to a point even being nominated) has opened up the door to the idea that experience is less important than leadership and ideas. That may be why Obama defeated an elder moderate statesman like McCain. Maybe as a nation we really are looking for younger leaders with new ideas.

His educational pedigree wouldn't be an issue to most voters (especially ones who don't normally use the term educational pedigree in conversation), but compares decently against Biden's if not Obama's. I'd also point out that based on history, a President's educational pedigree is no indicator of performance in office.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Also, last time I checked, Rubio isn't running for President--he's in the running for Republican candidate for Vice President. I'm sure he's fully qualified to be Veep, given who has held that office in the past.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm

pjbogart wrote:Not only will I defend it, I'll repeat it.

I pretty much nailed it saying that you will try to excuse your racism.

The statement was racist, since you seem to have meant it then and confirm it again, I will say that you are racist.

Racism is NEVER excusable.

You really don't get it, do you?

Let me ask you a personal question: Have you been successful in your life because you are a woman and got enrolled, hired, promoted etc via AA?

Or have you been successful because you good at what you do?

And how will you ever know the difference?

Would you find it offensive if someone claimed that you got whatever you got because of AA?

John Henry
Last edited by johnfajardohenry on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:42 pm

So why do a majority of Cuban-Americans support the Republican Party?

Perhaps you think they are stupid?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:So why do a majority of Cuban-Americans support the Republican Party?

Perhaps you think they are stupid?

John Henry

Well, yeah. The ones who aren't rich, anyway. Anybody who isn't rich and still supports The Party is stupid.

But there's a lot of that going around these days.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote: Racism is NEVER excusable.
....Would you find it offensive if someone claimed that you got whatever you got because of AA?

Rubio won his Senate seat fair & square, he's obviously a slick, intelligent politician. I don't think anyone is arguing that Rubio is empty suit.

Do you deny that minorities, especially hispanics, are elevated within the Republican party because they have extra political value? This is undeniably true. I can't see how it is racist to simply state the obvious. Rubio would be an obscure, freshman senator if the REpublicans weren't in desperate straits with hispanic voters.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 am

I think that Mr. Henry's frustration with my appraisal is that he knows his political party is shamelessly racist and any evidence he can gather that perhaps someone else might be racist is comforting to him... while he votes for the racists. The crocodillic complaints aren't unusual. We see the same bizarre rantings from his little brother, Cornholio.

One hardly needs a PhD in political science to recognize that Republicans shamelessly parade their minority adherents to give the false impression that they support a multi-cultural society. Unfortunately for Mr. Henry and his party, minorities know when they're being played.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 am

My asshole is shamelessly racist?

What about my asshole? Pot. Kettle. Black.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government