MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

What policies?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

What policies?

Postby Peanutbutter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Every single day, on news and talk shows all across the country, liberals make the claim that "Obama's economic policies are working."

Having heard this completely unsupported assertion one too many times now, I have to ask: what policies? Exactly what economic policies has Obama implemented that have worked?
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What policies?

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:00 pm

It's not a policy, but I like number 41. "As of November 2011, served longer than any president in decades without a scandal"

An accomplishment made even more impressive by the desperate attempts of hordes of obsessive compulsive maniacs with unlimited funds and resources to find or create one.

A whole freakin machine dedicated to smear, with more than 20 years of experience, and they can't touch him.

Huh. That helps me understand the trolls a little better.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Got nothin', huh?
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:Got nothin', huh?

Well, there's 49 more. Lots of them are policies. I couldn't help but notice you're ignoring them.

If that's nothin to you, it explains even more.

But then, if you can't even manufacture a simple little scandal, it stands to reason you wouldn't be able to discuss facts.

:-)
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Moderate Meade using a David Limbaugh editorial as evidence of.... something? not a lot of substance there Larry, even by the incredibly low standards I hold you to.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Oh, I love this part:
What has he done about the most egregious problems facing America, discretionary and entitlement spending? Absolutely nothing.

I knew it. That was the tactic. Stall him with filibusters every time he tries to do something, no matter what it is, then stand around and yell "you didn't do nothin!"

And if you can only find (or manufacture) some faults for 10 out of the 50, start out with "Let's just look at a small fraction of this, shall we?"

Great stuff.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 pm

rabble wrote:An accomplishment made even more impressive by the desperate attempts of hordes of obsessive compulsive maniacs with unlimited funds and resources to find or create one.

A whole freakin machine dedicated to smear, with more than 20 years of experience, and they can't touch him.

I think "scandal" is in the eyes of the beholder, personally. One of my Republican friends is convinced that Obama is suffering from perpetual scandals. Just two weeks ago he was convinced that Obama would be forced to resign because of "Fast and Furious" because it was, as he put it, "worse than Watergate".

From Jeremiah Wright to Bill Ayers, inviting a rapper to the White House, the "Beer Summit", a steady and evolving flow of ludicrous Birther nonsense, "Moo-shell" not being proud of her country, government takeover of healthcare, no flag pin on Obama's lapel, the 57 States, Guantanamo still open despite promises to close it, etc, etc.

If you drink the Kool-Aid, Obama is outpacing Lindsey Lohan in the scandal department. You just aren't watching enough FoxNews.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Guantanamo is still open?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah, I should have posted the entire clip:

41. Avoided Scandal: As of November 2011, served longer than any president in decades without a scandal, as measured by the appearance of the word “scandal” (or lack thereof) on the front page of the Washington Post.

If all you watch is Fox, it's a wonder he hasn't been arrested for treason and publicly shot. Twice.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Return to National Politics & Government