MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Walton family wealth equals 40% of Americans combined

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Walton family wealth equals 40% of Americans combined

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:FWIW, Enco needs to keep running too. I was at the International Machine Tool Show in Chicago 2 years ago and there was a Chinese company selling a full size mill for under $5,000. I thought it was a mistake or a miscalculation so I spoke with the people in the booth. Not very well as they had little English, but they assured me that if I gave them $4,995 I could take it home with me. Harbor Freight has similar mills for under $2,000. Floor standing, cast iron 2 HP. Might not be suitable for production use but will be fine for most toolroom & maintenance operations.

The chinese are notorious for swapping out materials mid run. Or once the contract/deposit, changing timeline/materials/etc.

I just watched a bird take it's first attempt at flapping its wings.
Way kewl.

You mentioned harbor freight junk. Yeah, it is. So are most chinese junk. But this is their entrance into other, more lucrative markets other than their coolie monkey labor.

I listened to an interview today where it was stated that manufacturing in the US is 20% higher than in other places. Yes, the cost of labor was taken out of it. It was all the other costs put into the cost of manufacturing a product by the us goobermint and their leftist eco clueless.

http://www.industryweek.com/articles/th ... 26000.aspx

There was a time, not that long ago, when the average person stopped paying taxes (income, ss, property, sales, auto and everything else) around the end of February. Now it takes until June.

There was a time, not that long ago, when you could buy a house, including the lot, for $20,000. Much of the increased cost is from regulation, zoning, permitting delays and so on.

Maybe we could address some of that?

Men/women/its, now we are actually able to discuss things that actually have something to do with what counts to most Americans. :D

why have things changed in the US since the 1970s?
I remember my neighbor was a house painter and he could support his family of four, had a ranch style house, and wife that worked at home. Why can't house painters do this anymore?

Maybe we could find some way to get people some useful skills? I know a man in Chicago that has openings for 6 mechanics. They have been open for more than 9 months now, he can't find anyone qualified. He pays $70,000/yr plus all the overtime they can handle. Good benefits too.

The kids have been brainwashed into 'if you work with your hands, you're 'uneducated', so get a 4 year degree" BS by leftist unionist teachers/professors. So how are all those womens studies grads doing these days? Got them some sex in school I'd guess, but now what? That doesn't pay student loans.......

Can't tell a person what they don't want to hear.....
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SlayerDave » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:
wack wack wrote:let me see if I have this straight: 20% of American households have no wealth, Amy Goodman has more wealth than 25% of American households, and the Waltons have more wealth than 30% of American households, therefore Amy Goodman is the same as the Waltons.

Maybe there's a reason no one responded: it's illogical, unreasonable and dishonest.

The real problem is that fully 20% of all families are in the bottom quintile.

We will not be a just society until no more than 5% are in the bottom quintile.

We also need to get more families into the top economic quintile. Why not strive for 50%? Or even more?

John Henry

Hahahahaha.

Not sure if serious, but well done nonetheless.
SlayerDave
Forum Addict

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Cornbread wrote:Men/women/its

Or, for the politically correct:

She/he/it

Pronounced "Sheeeeit"

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Cornbread wrote:Men/women/its

Or, for the politically correct:
She/he/it
Pronounced "Sheeeeit"

:lol:
Didja hear about the new haavaaad position?

Harvard has appointed Vanidy “Van” Bailey as the College’s first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life.

The priorities of the leftists never cease to provide laughter and amusement. OK, now for the laughter.

An earlier version of this article used the pronoun "she" to refer to Vanidy "Van" Bailey, the newly appointed director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. In fact, Bailey prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnic ... ed-pronoun

FWIW, I do think supreme court's kagan is an 'it'.
The 'wise latina, sotomayor also is an 'it'.
Don't know if either one went to haaavaaad though, but judging by obama's cronyistic rule, I'd say there's gotta be some connection other than being genderless.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government