MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 22.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Excellent example of leftist democrat Fascism

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Excellent example of leftist democrat Fascism

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm

The Democrat Machine in cities definitely make you kiss their collective ring, bow to them and their political whims.

Or else...

BOSTON (AP) - The mayor of Boston is vowing to block Chick-fil-A from opening a restaurant in the city after the company's president spoke out publicly against gay marriage.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/artic ... ut-of-city

Anyone that has dealt with any democrat party machine in their urban city strongholds knows things like this are commonplace.

I laughed at all the thompson hubub about hovde having to pay the (dolye) protection/extortion fees in madison for his madison business interests. Like anyone that's not a leftist nutbag wanting to actually own/run businesses down there doesn't know the 'shakedown' of the New Democrat Party?

Hint: "you can donate to whoever you want to".....but what that translates into is, 'donate to us and we don't care who else you give your money to'.

Classic.

Common knowledge used to be one had to move outside of madison in order to not have to bend over, kiss the ring and pay protection fees--aka democrat cash. But since the leftist fascist pigs have reached critical mass in the dane county board, one now has to live/do real estate business outside of dane county.

Hopefully one day madison will have to actually survive on its own in the free market rather than just be a money laundering place for money forcibly confiscated (taxes) from all around the state.

Someday....the people will be free from the democrat party.....
Someday....soon....
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Excellent example of leftist democrat Fascism

Postby HawkHead » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm

jjoyce-

How is this not trolling plain and simple? This about the 3rd blantant trolling title from Corn in the last week.

Please do something!

-Hawkhead

PS - Corn you are now on ignore.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Welcome to the "ignore" club. It's large.

The last person who got banned (not that long ago) was axed after starting I think two fake-titled threads in one day consisting of nothing but quotes pasted in from other topics running at the time. That was all it took, though he'd been treading close to the edge for some time before that.

In irrelevance-distraction points alone, C-man has way exceeded that guy for weeks and weeks under some special type of diplomatic immunity. I'm thinking he'll be here a while longer.

Mysterious are the ways of admin.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:51 pm

HawkHead,
So me posting about the punitive government measures against a private business owner on his own time isn't noteworthy? Using the police powers of the government to punish him for what his beliefs are on his own time? I think two city governments (boston and chicago) are doing this government retaliatory police action against a private citizen.

You don't find this noteworthy?
And you find me bringing this up, worthy of my banishment?
And also worthy of you putting me on your ignore list?

Tell me why the above is OK.
Tell me why the above should not be troubling to any free citizen of this country.
Or just beg to have me banished and ignore me.

I just saw a snigglet from the veiw, where the cackler said, "if you don't like what they're doing, don't go." So maybe the women on the view should be mayor of boston or chicago?
Or maybe there's nothing here to see, but asking for me to be banished......
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 pm

HawkHead wrote:This about the 3rd blantant trolling title from Corn in the last week.

Please do something!

Ya know, I thought of this right after I turned off my computer.

Hawkhead, if you don't like the subjects I post, instead of begging for my banishment from the colony, why not put up your own?
I mean, are you that fearful of freedom? You appear to be a the posterboy/girl/it of why leftists are so intellectually weak and fearful.

Post what you want to talk about or STFU....leftist! :lol:
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I've got no idea what C-man's been writing here, but his topic title mentions excellence. Since I assume we're actually discussing excellence, how about excellent engineering?

http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/201 ... nfest.html

Enjoy the video, and post your own example of something excellent.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

snoqueen wrote:I've got no idea what C-man's been writing here, but his topic title mentions excellence. Since I assume we're actually discussing excellence, how about excellent engineering?

http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/201 ... nfest.html

Enjoy the video, and post your own example of something excellent.

Pretty cool! Here's my example of excellence:

Tony Scott making a clarinet do things it's not supposed to be able to do.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Grateful Dead, 39 years ago today, soundcheck for Watkins Glen. The jam>wharf rat is so excellent, it will melt your mind.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:46 am

Stu Levitan wrote:Grateful Dead, 39 years ago today, soundcheck for Watkins Glen. The jam>wharf rat is so excellent, it will melt your mind.

My friend, Rich Gonzalez, is a Dead Head!
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 am

God says enough is enough.

The chief spokesman for Chick-fil A died early today amid the furor sparked by his boss' biblical opposition to same-sex marriage.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 am

Antoine Dodson Defends Chick-Fil-A: Gay Internet Celebrity Criticizes Boycott (VIDEO)
Chick-Fil-A makes good meals … so no one is gonna stop me from eating there,

Here's some ammo for ya, cornbread, from a guy who cares more about getting his eat on than social justice.

Is it any wonder that people who are dirt poor in red states like Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama (where Dodson is from) don't see the big picture and continue to vote against their own long-term self interests? 'What's the Matter with Kansas?' is a book that does a good job of exploring this phenomenon.

If you haven't heard of Dodson before, he's the star of the Bed Intruder Song
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:43 am

I find the reaction here to be incredible.

I don't think there can be any dispute that the mayors of Chicago and Boston (both members of longstanding Demmie machines) threatened to not permit Chick-Fil-A to open stores. I think I read that San Franciso's mayor said something similar, even though they currently have no plans.

I don't think there is any question that this is because the president of Chick-Fil-A said that he does not believe in same sex marriage.

I have not heard anyone anywhere claim that Chick-Fil-A discriminates against gays as customers, employees franchisees or in any other way.

As I understand it, the comments about SSM were personal rather than company policy. (Though I agree that it may be hard to separate the two)

Any disagreement on the above facts?

I don't think Cornbread did anything more than point this out and point out that it is an egregious attempt to restrict a person's (company's?) right to free speech.

I get the impression that some people here have no problem with government doing something like this. When govt restricts speech like this, is it not fascism?

Yet instead of arguing why Cornbread is wrong (which I don't think can be done) people here call for him to be banned.

I don't think it would be wrong to call those people wannbe fascists.

Sheesh!

I would not have used his title but that is mainly a style issue. "Left fascism" is redundant.

To the board moderator:

It is your board and you are free to ban anyone, on any grounds, of course. I think it would be very wrong to ban someone for making truthful statements, even if some people do not agree with them. I hope you will not ban Cornbread over this.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

Slick Willy wrote:Is it any wonder that people who are dirt poor in red states like Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama (where Dodson is from) don't see the big picture and continue to vote against their own long-term self interests?

Don't you mean "continue to vote against what I think are their own long term self interests."?

Who are you to tell them what their self-interests are?

I always find this kind of self-righteous attitude bizarre.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

Nice try, but trying to prevent discrimination by a business is fascism exactly how? Wasn't Mussolini's definition of fascism the collusion of business and government interests, not the reverse, as you now suggest? this thread is just another example of how twisted the GOP has become grasping for any straw within reach, the length is irrelevant.

According to definition, Chick-a-fill was acting in a fascist manner:
To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration.
... the liberal politicians oppose a fascist style business practice.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:17 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Slick Willy wrote:Is it any wonder that people who are dirt poor in red states like Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama (where Dodson is from) don't see the big picture and continue to vote against their own long-term self interests?

Don't you mean "continue to vote against what I think are their own long term self interests."?

Who are you to tell them what their self-interests are?

I always find this kind of self-righteous attitude bizarre.

John Henry

I fully understand that people's values are relative, but go down to Mississippi or Alabama and ask people if they want to be extremely poor and die young from lack of adequate healthcare and tell me if that's what they want for themselves.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Next

Return to National Politics & Government