MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Question for supporters of constitutional abortion ban

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Question for supporters of constitutional abortion ban

Postby johnfajardohenry » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

As I lay in bed at night trying to go to sleep, I sometimes wonder if this whole megillah is a fiendish plot by arch supervillain Karl Rove.

First, I think most of the American public is smart enough to realize that no matter how powerfully the repos take over the WH, Senate and House, nothing is fundamantally going to happen to abortion rights. When they had the power, they didn't even try to use it. They kept talking about it but did nothing.

On the other hand, by making the Demmies spend so much money, time and effort on it, they keep them from defending their record on health care, foreign policy, the economy, govt corruption and more.

True, they probably welcome an excuse not to have to talk about these things, but they still have to counter the Repos who do talk about them. And they are not.

Even the Tray Atkins thing. McClaskie spent $1.5mm of her campaign's money helping him win the repo primary. She continues to spend money, which she doesn't really have, keeping it alive.

And in 2-3 weeks, when they have milked her as much as they can, Atkins will drop out and someone else will sweep in to beat her.

A paranoid conspiricist, such as myself, might almost say it was planned. (Karl Rove?)

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm

I might also point out that I am still waiting to hear from those arguing here for abortion rights on bodily autonomy grounds.

Shouldn't men have the same rights?

And contrary to Henry Vilas', that question has nothing to do with pregnancy.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 pm

So what does your question have to do with anything? Are men being restricting in obtaining medical treatment? Do you think the potential father should have a say in whether or not the pregnant female can have an abortion? Please clarify.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 am

Henry Vilas wrote:So what does your question have to do with anything? Are men being restricting in obtaining medical treatment? Do you think the potential father should have a say in whether or not the pregnant female can have an abortion? Please clarify.

Why do you think it is about abortion? Or even medical treatment?

My question is about whether I can do with my body as I wish.

Can a man, or a woman, sell their body in prostitution? Would you support legalization thereof? If you support bodily autonomy, why not?

Can I use recreational drugs, for another example? The law is mixed on this. I can use some recreational drugs but not others.

If I have bodily autonomy, why not all drugs? I have no problems with

Can I modify my body? Again, yes and no. I can tattoo is, scarify, pierce and add plastic pieces under my skin. I can't cut off my little toe.

Unless I have a societally approved reason.

So tell me Henry, do I have autonomy over my own body?

Should I have autonomy over my body?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:So what does your question have to do with anything? Are men being restricting in obtaining medical treatment? Do you think the potential father should have a say in whether or not the pregnant female can have an abortion? Please clarify.

Why do you think it is about abortion?

Have you read the title of this thread?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Have you read the title of this thread?

Yes.

But you are saying that you support abortion rights because it is the woman's body and she should have the right to decide what to do with it.

I've been trying to get an answer from you about whether this right to decide what to do with one's body applies only to women and only to abortion.

You keep evading the question.

I suspect I know your answer but would like to hear you say it out loud.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 am

Men already have the right to control their own bodies, unlike women who face restrictions on decisions concerning their reproductive health.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Men already have the right to control their own bodies, unlike women who face restrictions on decisions concerning their reproductive health.

I'm hoping to get male masturbation outlawed as it wastes the lord's precious building blocks, so stroke 'em if you got 'em gents.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am

rrnate wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Men already have the right to control their own bodies, unlike women who face restrictions on decisions concerning their reproductive health.

I'm hoping to get male masturbation outlawed as it wastes the lord's precious building blocks, so stroke 'em if you got 'em gents.

I wonder if Romney or Ryan beat off. I hope they're not sinners. No sinners in the White House.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:54 pm

I thought that was the whole deal with the magic underwear: so you couldn't touch yourself.

Ryan, I'll leave him to our resident lapsed Catholics.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Some states are still pushing for their own versions of "personhood" legislation, which could end up outlawing in vitro fertilization.

Since the Catholic Church opposes ivf, these proposed laws would fulfill that part of their religious agenda.

Mitt Romney has two grandchildren who are the product of ivf.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government