MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Run Hilary, Run!

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Run Hilary, Run!

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm

A lot of people have been calling on Hilary Clinton, over the past 6 years, to run.

Seems like she has finally taken their advice.

She is running as far away from the Demmie train wreck in BankAmerica Stadium as she can get.

She has pressing business to take care of in the Cook Islands next week.

Where are the Cook Islands you may well ask? They are in the South Pacific about as far away from any landmass as you can get without leaving the planet.

Pretty important to the US, too, with their 91 square miles and 19,000 people.

It is a real shame that the Cook Island issue had to heat up the same week as the convention. I am sure it is just a tragic coincidence.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Run Hilary, Run!

Postby bdog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Funny stuff JH, but it's double l Hillary.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 pm

What do you suppose she's doing there, John? Is Huma Abedin going with her? Perhaps it's a secret rendevous with Muslim Brotherhood operatives to sell them nuclear secrets!

You should probably write a paper on this to clearly establish your expertise.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 am

John, Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of State, and as such has foresworn all partisan political activity. Her husband, the only living former President popular and/or healthy enough to attend his party's convention, will be making a hugely partisan speech. It is entirely appropriate that Secretary Clinton be as far from Charlotte as she can.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:23 am

John, Hillary Clinton is a feminist and a serious Secretary of State. Unlike phony feminists, Hillary does not accept a "one free grope rule". Nor does she want to be, once again, forced to dodge bullets and defend him as her husband continues his one-man war on women.

Her husband, Bill Clinton, the only living former President to (narrowly) escape conviction in an impeachment trial after lying to a grand jury after a long crooked career of sexual harassment and/or rape is, astonishingly, hugely, openly, popular enough with his party's true believers - "liberals" and "progressives"- that he will address their convention even though he called the legend of Obama's purported superior judgement, in 2008, "the biggest fairy tale [he'd] ever seen". "Give. me. a. break."

There will be thousands of Democrats in Charlotte who find Bill Clinton sexually exciting. Why would Hillary want to be anywhere near them?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am

Meade wrote:Her husband, Bill Clinton, the only living former President to (narrowly) escape conviction in an impeachment trial

Ah yes, the completely bogus impeachment trial: now this is something that actually was built entirely and completely by the party of job creators.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:27 am

Meade wrote:There will be thousands of Democrats in Charlotte who find Bill Clinton sexually exciting. Why would Hillary want to be anywhere near them?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

pjbogart wrote:What do you suppose she's doing there, John? Is Huma Abedin going with her? Perhaps it's a secret rendevous with Muslim Brotherhood operatives to sell them nuclear secrets!

No, I doubt that there is anything nefarious going on. I think that the Cook Islands were just the farthest she could get from the convention. Neither she, nor apparently many other, democrats want to be associated with it in any way. Nancy Pelosi even gave official permission to Demmie house members to stay away.

As for Huma, I assume that she is along. Its her job and she generally travels with Hillary. Unless you are one of those who think Hilary and Huma are lovers. In which case this whole thing might just be an excuse for muffin munching on a remote tropical beach.

Other than that, I assume her main activity will be to party:

pjbogart wrote:You should probably write a paper on this to clearly establish your expertise.

Don't knock it. In addition to paying pretty well in and of itself, publishing and presenting is a great marketing tool. It is probably worth $50,000/yr or more in exposure and higher fees for being an "expert".

You should try it.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:29 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
Meade wrote:There will be thousands of Democrats in Charlotte who find Bill Clinton sexually exciting. Why would Hillary want to be anywhere near them?

Bill is sexually exciting? I have a hard time to believing that.

The years have been terribly unkind to Bill. He has not aged well. Like, say, Keith Richards. Keith looks like he just stepped out of the fountain of youth compared to Clinton.

When I've heard him talk in the past year or so he doesn't sound good either.

I find it hard to believe that he will generate much enthusiasm even among the hard core demmies.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: Unless you are one of those who think Hilary and Huma are lovers.

People magazine reports that Huma still loves Weiner, so we can dispel that rumor
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: Nancy Pelosi even gave official permission to Demmie house members to stay away.

"I'm not encouraging anyone to go to the convention, having nothing to do with anything except I think they should stay home, campaign in their districts, use their financial and political resources to help them win their election," Pelosi told POLITICO in July. "It's campaign time. It's the first week in September."

she joined a number of lawmakers from both sides of the aisle planning to skip the presidential nominating events.

Emphasis mine.

Then again, you are an expert on apparently everything. I really don't think I've ever encountered someone so full of themselves on this forum. Especially when most of your observations and predictions are complete crap.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:The years have been terribly unkind to Bill. He has not aged well.

You're one to talk -- you look like the uglier, fatter, older brother of Rush Limbaugh, if that is even possible.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Ever notice how Republicans caught in sex scandals tend to be shunned and ignored by other Republicans while Democrats seem to never stop celebrating and reelecting fellow Democrat sex offenders?

Take Bill Clinton, for example - the president who bought us Don't Ask, Don't Tell and The Defense of Marriage Act - offensive, reelected, and now celebrated.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah. Like Anthony Weiner. He just keeps goin and goin.

I know Rush isn't an elected official but he's a fine example of what a Republican can get away with openly. The elected Republicans who do that get publicly shunned and, as long as they've toed the party line otherwise, privately funded. If they've pissed off the wrong people, yeah they get left on an ice floe.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:01 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Vitter

Ya, it's only Democrats. Meade, your wisdom has finally surpassed your wit and charm.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government