MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

The Carterization of the Obama Admin is Almost Complete

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: The Carterization of the Obama Admin is Almost Complete

Postby rrnate » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:13 am

wack wack wrote:
Please try again. What should have Obama done? How would President Ned have handled the situation?

Bomb the fuckers, obviously.

At any rate, Nedly doesn't REALLY have misgivings about how the situation is being handled. He's just trying to walk the company line with the "Obama = Carter" thing.

You gotta move on Ned - that one isn't working.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:15 am

Ned Flanders wrote:It's too late. He laid the groundwork for this with his strategy of appeasement, his backing of radicals vis a vis the "Arab Spring" movement/embrace of the Muslim Brotherhood while ignoring the movement of Democracy in Iran.

There is more inaccuracy in this single paragraph than I've read in weeks. Naturally, it comes from Ned.

a) The Arab Spring uprising from the people of the nations themselves, not from the United States. True, we helped to a degree when we could (bombing pro-Gaddafi forces), but had we not, you'd continue to accuse Obama of "appeasement" of a dictator.

b) The Muslim Brotherhood was elected to power by the people. That's the ugly thing about democracy-- sometimes the people don't choose the ones you want. See: the election of a Hamas majority to Palestinian Parliament in 2006.

c) You think this violence and intolerance of dissent comes from the Arab Spring movement? Apparently you've completely forgotten about the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons and Theo van Gogh. Look 'em up, Swifty.

d) Sounds like you're saying you'd rather have Gaddafi and Mubarak still in office.

e) Why bother explaining this to Ned, who's proven himself incapable of understanding reality? Not sure; I just had a few free moments. So it goes.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 am

What a cop-out, Ned.
Easier to blame than come up with a reasonable response I guess.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 am

rrnate wrote:I'm just about done with my cartoon showing God taking it up the ass from the pope. I can expect civilized discourse and a knowing wink/smile from you and yours, as we're way more civilized, right?

You're going to have to outdo The Onion's latest masterpiece.

(Definitely NSFW, btw.)
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 am

ilikebeans wrote:
b) The Muslim Brotherhood was elected to power by the people. That's the ugly thing about democracy-- sometimes the people don't choose the ones you want. See: the election of a Hamas majority to Palestinian Parliament in 2006.

Or Todd Akin, DIck Cheney, ....
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 am

Romney Adviser: Libya Attack Never Would Have Happened Under Romney

Wow, they're actually trying to push this angle of utter bullshit. It's Nutter Friday, everybody!
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 pm

From the link:
There wouldn’t even be anti-American protests in the Middle East if Romney were in charge, the aide said.

“There’s a pretty compelling story that if you had a President Romney, you’d be in a different situation,” Romney adviser Richard Williamson told the Washington Post. “For the first time since Jimmy Carter, we’ve had an American ambassador assassinated.”

Yep, a different story.
"Story"....as in, "fiction".
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 pm

jman111 wrote:From the link:
There wouldn’t even be anti-American protests in the Middle East if Romney were in charge, the aide said.

“There’s a pretty compelling story that if you had a President Romney, you’d be in a different situation,” Romney adviser Richard Williamson told the Washington Post. “For the first time since Jimmy Carter, we’ve had an American ambassador assassinated.”

Yep, a different story.

A US ambassador was assassinated during the Carter administration? Who was that?
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

ilikebeans wrote:It's Nutter Friday, everybody!

Indeed it is:

Kansas considers removing Obama from ballot

Right now Ned has one giant boner and it's not Clinton's.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Detritus wrote:
jman111 wrote:From the link:

Yep, a different story.

A US ambassador was assassinated during the Carter administration? Who was that?

That's what I thought too, but apparently it was Adolf Dubs the ambassador to Afghanistan in 1979.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012 ... photos.php
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 pm

You can call me Nedstadamus from now on...
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

The douchebaggification of Ned Flanders is complete.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:You can call me Nedstadamus from now on...
it's spelled Nedsadumbass, but you were close.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby butters » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Hillary Clinton: We "deplore any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others".
SlayerDave wrote:But Fred Phelps? Scientologists? Yeah, I'll go ahead and denigrate, thanks. Or what about someone like Richard Dawkins. He's made a career out of denigrating religion.

I think the answer lies in the definition of the word "denigrate".
It is not denigration, slander, or belittling if you are arguing about how the Universe actually works. (Believe it or not, some people really do care about such things and take it seriously.) If you want to dabble in that arena (as the religious often do) and then present no evidence or sound logic to back up your argument, it is not denigration or unfair criticism to suggest that your idea is baseless, completely fabricated, or perhaps wrong.

Don't blame me... i didn't make up the rules.
butters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SlayerDave » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:56 pm

butters wrote:Hillary Clinton: We "deplore any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others".
SlayerDave wrote:But Fred Phelps? Scientologists? Yeah, I'll go ahead and denigrate, thanks. Or what about someone like Richard Dawkins. He's made a career out of denigrating religion.

I think the answer lies in the definition of the word "denigrate".
It is not denigration, slander, or belittling if you are arguing about how the Universe actually works. (Believe it or not, some people really do care about such things and take it seriously.) If you want to dabble in that arena (as the religious often do) and then present no evidence or sound logic to back up your argument, it is not denigration or unfair criticism to suggest that your idea is baseless, completely fabricated, or perhaps wrong.

Don't blame me... i didn't make up the rules.

Interesting. I disagree, but thanks for the good faith response.

What about something like South Park though? I'd argue that fits the definition of denigrating, right?

Do we really want the government to be in the business of declaring such Speech "deplorable"? Seems like an awfully dangerous path, especially when we have people like this (an Ivy League Professor!) knocking about: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/st ... 57769732/1
SlayerDave
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government