MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 15, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby Stu Levitan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Not a good sign when campaign staff starts pointing fingers seven weeks before election. Gory details here.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby rabble » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 am

So it's pretty much all set up. Romney has a good solid scapegoat in Stuart Stevens and the Rush to Judgement crowd has the entire Republican party.

Or maybe Rush will jump on the Hang Stevens bandwagon. "Here's the guy who singlehandedly cost us the election! We would have won handily if not for him and his 'tortured artist' liberal loving, America-hating soul! We don't need to dismantle the Republican Party, we just need to destroy HIM!"
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6148
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby Meade » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 am

Yes. Much better to suppress dissent and close ranks around your dear leader. Take it from a political pro like Stu.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby wack wack » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 am

Meade wrote:Yes. Much better to suppress dissent and close ranks around your dear leader. Take it from a political pro like Stu.


http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=37776

Capitol Police are actively filming people in the Capitol each day, in efforts that seem designed to intimidate protesters and the general public from being in the space.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby rabble » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 am

Meade wrote:Yes. Much better to suppress dissent and close ranks around your dear leader. Take it from a political pro like Stu.

Yeah. Because we all know how Rush is such an amateur at suppressing dissent.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6148
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby Meade » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 am

The economy, gas prices, the deficit, and Obamacare are the four main loser issues for Obama.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby wack wack » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 am

Meade wrote:The economy, gas prices, the deficit, and Obamacare are the four main loser issues for Obama.


Win, non-issue, still Bush's fault, win.

Despite the best efforts of your fearless leaders, this is what America thinks about Obama and his work.

Rove better get crackin' on the false evidence fabricatin' if Willard the Wimp and Lyin' Ryan are to even be mentioned on election night.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

Meade wrote:gas prices


Consider a recent poll of a panel of economists conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where I teach. (Disclosure: I am a member of the panel; the other respondents are well-respected economists from top universities with varying political views.) The 41 panel members were asked whether they agreed with the following statement: “Changes in U.S. gasoline prices over the past 10 years have predominantly been due to market factors rather than U.S. federal economic or energy policies.”

Not a single member of the panel disagreed with the statement.


http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/busin ... ntrol.html
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby DCB » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am

wack wack wrote:Rove better get crackin' on the false evidence fabricatin' if Willard the Wimp and Lyin' Ryan are to even be mentioned on election night.

Mittens will outsource the concession speech to one of his sons, as he's flying to his retirement home in the Caymans.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Romney Campaign Turns on Itself

Postby O.J. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

Stebben84 wrote:
Meade wrote:gas prices


Consider a recent poll of a panel of economists conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where I teach. (Disclosure: I am a member of the panel; the other respondents are well-respected economists from top universities with varying political views.) The 41 panel members were asked whether they agreed with the following statement: “Changes in U.S. gasoline prices over the past 10 years have predominantly been due to market factors rather than U.S. federal economic or energy policies.”

Not a single member of the panel disagreed with the statement.


http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/busin ... ntrol.html


I completely agree with that statement, but it doesn't preclude others from blaming it on the President. I think, at the least, we should be able to agree that high gas prices won't help Obama.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am


Return to National Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar