MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

The Three "B's"

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

The Three "B's"

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

For your viewing enjoyment: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... libya.html

Epiphany: Beghazi is a lose-lose scenario for the president. At worst, you can say the administration put forward a false narrative about an internet video to obscure the failure of its broken foreign policy. At best, you can take them at their word and say it was just a complete failure of their policy.

Obama narrative 3 weeks before the election: Big Bird, Binders, and Beghazi. Not a good sign.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Three "B's"

Postby Sandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Bludgeon wrote:For your viewing enjoyment: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... libya.html

Epiphany: Beghazi is a lose-lose scenario for the president. At worst, you can say the administration put forward a false narrative about an internet video to obscure the failure of its broken foreign policy. At best, you can take them at their word and say it was just a complete failure of their policy.

Obama narrative 3 weeks before the election: Big Bird, Binders, and Beghazi. Not a good sign.

The point I have been trying to get across as I see it, was Romney didn't contend that Obama didn't make the "terror attack" claim (during the debate), although it was a weak admission at best, but Romney wanted to show that after the Sept 12th Rose garden speech Obama and his administration continued to blame it on a protest over a film.

With the knowledge on Sep 12 that is was a terrorist attack, to keep claiming himself for weeks after, and sending Rise on 6 Sunday shows to give the same mis-information that is was a video is deceiving the voters at best.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Think of it this way: Obama doesn't get to have his cake, and he doesn't get to eat it either. It's obvious he was misrepresenting the issue, but even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, the best he can show with this issue is that he's responsible for a foreign policy disaster. So even if you accept his argument, he still loses the argument.

So if they're talking about Beghazi at all, point Romney; if they're talking about Big Bird at all, point Romney; and if they're talking about "Binders full of women" at all, point Romney, and that is the Obama campaign's whole conversation: three things that either make him look bad, or people don't look at as credible arguments, that have nothing to do with voters number one concern, which is the economy.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm

You folks sure know how to stick to the right wing talking points. How about the big D. Desperation.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Stebben84 wrote:You folks sure know how to stick to the right wing talking points. How about the big D. Desperation.

Actually man the whole point is that these are Democratic talking points coming out of the president's own campaign: Big Bird, Binders and Benghazi. The observation is notable because here in the final weeks of the campaign, in a crucial election for everyone, the sheer inanity and frivolity of the substance of the president's message is actually kind of striking.

Even Benghazi - a serious issue - is peppered with two weeks of the inane pretense that it had something to do with a youtube video.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Bludgeon wrote:Actually man the whole point is that these are Democratic talking points coming out of the president's own campaign: Big Bird, Binders and Benghazi.

Boy, he showed you, Stebben. Seriously, hardly an hour goes by that the President isn't talking about Benghazi.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Sandi wrote:The point I have been trying to get across as I see it, was Romney didn't contend that Obama didn't make the "terror attack" claim (during the debate), although it was a weak admission at best, but Romney wanted to show that after the Sept 12th Rose garden speech Obama and his administration continued to blame it on a protest over a film.

First of all, Sandi. That's not really a point that you've been trying to get across. That's a point that a lot of right-wing nutjobs are trying to get across. You're just repeating it.

Secondly, did you watch the debate? Romney didn't accuse the President of failing to call it a terrorist attack? You somehow slept through the most compelling 30 seconds of the debate? He repeated it about four times, directly asked the President a question, didn't accept the answer, wanted it on record that the President was lying.

That's apparently what happened while you were off making yourself a nice glass of Ovaltine.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Stebben84 wrote:You folks sure know how to stick to the right wing talking points. How about the big D. Desperation.

LMAO look in the mirror for talking points. Better yet please respond to this.

Obama on Sep 12th in Rose Garden said:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for."

So please tell us which below from the clip are incorrect talling points rather than hard documented facts.

Press Secretary Jay Carney repeats it was the video on the 14th. (2 days later)

Rice sent out Sept 16th, on 6 Sunday shows to shovel the video clip line. (4 days later)

Jay Carney again on Sept 18th pushes the fault was the video clip line. (6 days later)

Jay Carney again on Sept 19th with the video was at fault. (7 days later)

Obama himself on Sept 20th at the United Nations. (8 days later)
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 pm

pjbogart wrote:Secondly, did you watch the debate? Romney didn't accuse the President of failing to call it a terrorist attack?

I didn't say he did accuse him, please go back and read my post. In fact I'm sure Romney only wanted to get his Rose Garden quote on record to throw back his later quotes where Obama (and his minions) said it was the video.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Sandi wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Secondly, did you watch the debate? Romney didn't accuse the President of failing to call it a terrorist attack?

I didn't say he did accuse him, please go back and read my post. In fact I'm sure Romney only wanted to get his Rose Garden quote on record to throw back his later quotes where Obama (and his minions) said it was the video.

Sandi, I appreciate your arguments, but this thread while mentioning Benghazi, is about the national campaign. If you want to litigate a victory on foreign policy, the foreign affairs page is the place to do it. I, for one, am here to savor the tactical futility of the Obama campaign's position on this matter, and two others - to discuss the state of the national campaign.

Back to the beginning now:

Obama narrative 3 weeks before the election: Big Bird, Binders, and Benghazi. Not a good sign.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Bludgeon wrote:Sandi, I appreciate your arguments, but this thread while mentioning Benghazi, is about the national campaign.

And you don't think Benghazi is an issue in this "national campaign?"

Amazing.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 pm

And not only that, but the link you posted in your original is 100 percent about Benghazi, and also about what I responded with.

To not talk about Benghazi I would be off topic. So if you don't want to talk about Benghazi why did you make your post only about the part of the debate that was about Benghazi?
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 am

Broader point, here. Subject: state of the election. Gallup Likely voters: 52% Romney, 45% Obama. Obama's reaction to the shift in momentum in the final weeks of the campaign:

Big picture: even if you were a total liberal and completely accepted the president's shifting position on Benghazi, the only point that Obama would be proving to you is that he's responsible for a foreign policy disaster. You can argue with the liberals, the liberals can argue with you, but in terms of the election, it doesn't matter. If you win the argument, that's bad for Obama; if liberals win the argument, that's bad for Obama.

The broader conclusion is to say that with the president trailing in the polls, for these to be the most Obama's campaign has to offer, is a bad sign for them.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 am

Ok my apologies. I didn't realize your narrow theme, I suppose the video threw me off more than anything else.

I agree that Big Bird, the binders and Benghazi are lose-lose for the President. Especially Benghazi with Mondays debate being on foreign policy.

The safest would probably be Big Bird. I don't have a clue whether many or few would be in favor of defunding PBS (other than myself), but doubt it would be a high priority on very many voters list.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 am

Sandi wrote: I don't have a clue whether many or few would be in favor of defunding PBS (other than myself), but doubt it would be a high priority on very many voters list.

Good point. This is what you get when the duopoly debates itself hermetically sealed againt the realities of a nation in systemic crisis.
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government