MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

POTUS got nose-whistle

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

POTUS got nose-whistle

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Live debate. First lady on TV 3 weeks ago saying he quit smoking "for the kids". That nose-whistle says otherwise.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Re: POTUS got nose-whistle

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Bludgeon wrote:That nose-whistle says otherwise.

You must have some crazy awesome audio system because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd probably smoke 6 packs of cigarettes if I was the president.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:56 pm

I smoked 1/5 a pack. I do have some M-Audio studio speakers and from my own experience with microphones, the smoker's nose whistle is a dead give-away. BUT, anybody can hear the president's nose whistle, most prominent in the early part of the debate, and also audible in the first one. I wouldn't debate without a cigarette either. Honestly I don't know how they do that in front of tens of millions of people, and people who are good at public speaking impress me.

As a guy who likes cigarettes, it really kills me that the president smokes - BECAUSE - he is the guy who signed the bill that completely fucked cigarettes. American cigarettes are garbage since the regulations he passed. He passed the bill that ruined the quality of tobacco products for every smoker in the country. I guarantee you he smokes the un-spoiled version of the cigarettes they sell to other countries, that still taste good and go down smooth. I had some Camels from Mexico last year - my god, what a difference.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Bludgeon wrote:BECAUSE - he is the guy who signed the bill that completely fucked cigarettes. American cigarettes are garbage since the regulations he passed. He passed the bill that ruined the quality of tobacco products for every smoker in the country.

I'm going to plead ignorance on this one. I can only keep up with so much of the garbage that happens in congress. What did he pass?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Stebben84 wrote:I'm going to plead ignorance on this one. I can only keep up with so much of the garbage that happens in congress. What did he pass?

A lot of things now that I'm googling it, most notoriously the requirement that cigarettes be treated to be fire retardant, completely destroying the taste and savor of tobacco. Also raising taxes on tobacco. Raising cost to the consumer further diminishes smoothness and flavor by burdening cigarette companies with the need to lower costs themselves by skimping on tobacco, filter and paper quality. The cigarettes the same companies are legally able to sell you at the airport in Mexico are miles beyond the quality we get here in the states, and that's something that changed as a direct result of a quick series of Obama administration laws. Tobacco tax is regressive, so I've always found it rather infuriating that Obama spoiled one of the few simple pleasures a working man can reasonably expect to enjoy; but being a president and a smoker, there's no reason to entertain the notion that he's smoking the crap cigarettes he stuck the rest of us with, so here he passed this law that ruined our cigarettes and he's smoking the good stuff.

And was smoking them tonight ;)
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm trying to follow the logic trail for this one but I'm beginning to think maybe I have to smoke something before it'll make sense.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 pm

As a smoker, I can attest to changes to cigarettes over the past few years. As a non-moron, I can attest that the President does not write laws.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 am

My nose is whistlin' like a bird right now and the last time I smoked was a cigar two summers ago.

It's a symptom of autumn allergies.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Return to National Politics & Government