MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Predictions

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Predictions

Postby Talon Newsman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:20 pm

First, the results from Virginia and North Carolina will come in, and they'll be declared for McCain. You'll be disappointed, but "no big deal, change can't come overnight" will be your comment. Florida will go red, and a little nervousness will creep in. The usual suspects will fall into the usual categories. As the night drags on, Ohio, Colorado, and (much to your horror) Pennsylvania will be too close to call.

My advice at this point to you will be to go to bed. You will wake up to a McCain presidency and the Great Liberal Freakout will be on.

Bookmark this, liberals, as this is exactly how it is going to go down. You will be wonder how the hell I was able to call this
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby massimo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Hadn't seen that before, nice.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

The polls will all predict Obama and Dems win, but the Repubs will win. Rioting and civil war will start Wednesday.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby makmadison » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Thank you Mr. Carville, "It's the economy..."

Obama is one and done.
makmadison
Forum Addict

Postby kurt_w » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

Eight years ago we had a similar "Prediction" thread, but with a poll that included various choices. A plurality of forons predicted that the 2004 election would end in a civil war.

I'm glad those predictions didn't come true.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:49 am

I'm guessing Obama wins the Electoral College, 270-268. The swing states go as follows:

Obama: NV, NM, WI, MI, PA, OH
Romney: CO, IA, NH, VA, NC, FL, ME 2nd

As for the popular vote, I'm guessing Obama wins by 1 vote.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 am

EV: Obama 237 and Romney 301.
Popular: Romney by @ 5 percent.

I usually watch CNN election night, but may switch to MSNBC just to watch Mathews, Ed and Maddow soil themselves and have a major meltdown. :wink:
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 am

Sandi wrote:I usually watch CNN election night, but may switch to MSNBC just to watch Mathews, Ed and Maddow soil themselves and have a major meltdown. :wink:

I'm gonna watch FOX News and actually enjoy it. No way is Romney getting Wisconsin or Nevada. The rest of the swing states are up for grabs with Obama having more paths to victory than Romney.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby wack wack » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 am

Sandi wrote:EV: Obama 237 and Romney 301.
Popular: Romney by @ 5 percent.

I usually watch CNN election night, but may switch to MSNBC just to watch Mathews, Ed and Maddow soil themselves and have a major meltdown. :wink:

And unicorns for dinner!!!
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 am

I predict a gradual end to "news" stories datelined Dixville Notch, Kentucky.

Such is my hope, anyway....
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 am

Obama - 299
Romney - 239
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm

I predict unicorns for every last one of Romney's grandkids. His son owns the unicorn franchise, after all....
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm

And unicorns for dinner!!!

Hey now. Let's leave the White Horse prophecy out of this.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

I predict:

3 weeks of inane election dissection and endless analysis of exactly who voted, who didn't, and why.

The voice boxes of talk show hosts will be pushed to the limit of strained enunciation, resulting in a temporary shortage of honey and warm water, especially on the coasts.

Tomorrow morning there will still be one haggard looking fellow with a clipboard walking up and down my street, unaware of the day of the week, struggling to read faded names on mailboxes, triple-checking addresses, crossing the street multiple times and wondering why only dogs seem to hear these doorbells.

A shortage of treated pine will spread across the land as the populace decides to replace the figurative wall that has gone up through the center of the country, with an actual physical one. They decide to go with a simple fence due to tough economic times. There will be conflict within the opposing sides about whether to go with a solid dog-eared style picket for complete separation, or a shadow-box style that allows you to see those on the other side when viewed from an angle. The placement of the "finished" side will vary from state to state. The lumber shortage will be ended when a subsidiary of Bain Capital brings in 30 shiploads of old-growth Chinese timber, harvested from an unspoiled nature preserve north of Xining with a temporary use permit. It would turn out, unfortunately, that the lumber was rushed through the treatment process using a higher-than-normal ratio of chemical-to-water in the mixture and a shortened drying process that left the wood wet and somewhat toxic to the touch. Thousands of Americans will suffer from chemically burned fingers and palms leading to an enduring symbol of the election of 2012, a population of soon-to-be demonized and easily identified Americans known as the Red Mitted Fence Builders.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 pm

The Onion, America's Finest News Source, has called FL, OH, PA, and CO for John Edwards.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government