MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

If you can't win, twist the rules

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: If you can't win, twist the rules

Postby rabble » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

acereraser wrote:Or, if you can't win, push through divisive redistricting plans on Martin Luther King Day while an elder state senator and civil rights leader is absent to attend the inauguration. That's how they do it in Virginia. Then they adjourn in honor of Stonewall Jackson, Confederate hero.

Reports of filling his desk drawers with shaving cream have not been substantiated.

I admit I'm kinda surprised at this:
Virginia House of Delegates Speaker William Howell (R) killed the Inauguration Day sneak attack by Senate Republicans who hoped to pass a massive mid-decade gerrymander. Howell ruled that the Senate’s amendment to a House bill making minor technical corrections to the House legislative maps were not germane, as it was a “vast rewrite” and would “stray dramatically” from the legislation’s original purpose.

They caved. Even with their party's approval rating in the crapper like it is, I'm still surprised. If they're going to give in like this, why bother to try it in the first place? They can't be THAT out of touch. Can they?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you can't win, twist the rules

Postby SidSeven » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:01 am

We need a new party. I propose a Labor Party. We'll print our own money, too, & we can just ignore the other parties until they go away.
SidSeven

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government