MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

White House warns:

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: White House warns:

Postby doppel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Dear Mr. Detritus:

One man's boilerplate is another man's obfuscation. The subject was new to me today. I don't like it. I also don't like the drone attacks. Or the torture in Cuba and other places. I don't like every e-mail written being kept in Government computers. I don't like cameras everywhere, full body scanners at airports. I didn't like having to open my coat at Badger games. I don't like dogs in schools. Maybe these are more worthy issues.

There is a lot that have changed in this country that I don't like. But this thread is about the Government trying to control Government taken and publically published pictures.You seem to want to defend this practice with everything you can think of. From ad hominem attacks to "there are more important issues". Yet you have not given a reason why the use of these photos should regulated. Please respond to the issue I raised or start a thread about what you don't like. New or not. Go for it.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

rabble wrote:I think you're quibbling about stuff the presidents have done since forever and you're quibbling about it because this time, it's a president you don't like.

If it was Romney, thank all the gods it's not, you'd not only be just fine with the policy, you wouldn't even notice because breitbart wouldn't be telling you to get indignant about it.

Once again, no one is putting words into my mouth. I guess you would be fine with Bush or Romney claiming exclusive use of official White House photographs. And actually I wouldn't be fine with either one of them doing it. I'm old school. Free speech, no prior restraint and not real fond of any regime trying to skirt those ideals. I do like the Constitution.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 pm

When they arrest someone for reproducing or altering the image, perhaps we can talk about the death of fair use. Do you really consider that canned legal attachment to be some sort of legitimate warning, Doppel, or are you just baling hay? Do you consider Breitbart.com to be a good source of information? Perhaps you're concerned about tearing the tags off your furniture or watching a movie with friends based upon FBI warnings at the beginning of the film.

I heard someone lip-synched something at the inauguration. I'm totally outraged.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 am

pjbogart wrote:I heard someone lip-synched something at the inauguration. I'm totally outraged.

Goddamn it, can we impeach Beyonce?
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 am

There is no there there, doppel. Obama has done plenty to warrant criticism about his administration's lack of transparency, but your "example" is akin to questioning the legitimacy of the inauguration on the grounds that the invitations used the wrong font.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:31 am

Tell us more about Obama using drones to blow away Pakistani clay pigeon children. Does he have congressional authorization? U.N. resolution?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm

pjbogart wrote:When they arrest someone for reproducing or altering the image, perhaps we can talk about the death of fair use.

As if. You think they'll waste time on a lawsuit? One word to Seal Team Six, and problem solved.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:53 pm

This is the single stupidest thread I've encountered in eons. It's so fucking stupid, I gave up trying to assess how truly stupid it is. I gave it up when my stupidity quotient was fulfilled. I've got a whole week of potentially stupid shit to deal with and this thread has thus put me at a professional disadvantage by stretching my stupidity tolerance so thin so early in the week.

Doppel, you dumb fucking bitch!
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Mean Scenester wrote: I've got a whole week of potentially stupid shit to deal with and this thread has thus put me at a professional disadvantage by stretching my stupidity tolerance so thin so early in the week.

Thank you, Sir, may I have another? That's one of the nicest things I've ever heard you say about anyone who has done you so much wrong. Have a great whole week of dealing with all that potentially stupid shit. Hopefully you'll find it somewhere down deep inside yourself to rise up beyond the professional disadvantage I've so selfishly burdened you with.

Me feel sad, so sorry for you. Me say "So sorry" to you. Hope me no offend you again. Mr. Mean Scenester, you a nice guy. Bodacious tatas for now.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am

doppel wrote:
Mean Scenester wrote: I've got a whole week of potentially stupid shit to deal with and this thread has thus put me at a professional disadvantage by stretching my stupidity tolerance so thin so early in the week.

Thank you, Sir, may I have another? That's one of the nicest things I've ever heard you say about anyone who has done you so much wrong. Have a great whole week of dealing with all that potentially stupid shit. Hopefully you'll find it somewhere down deep inside yourself to rise up beyond the professional disadvantage I've so selfishly burdened you with.

Me feel sad, so sorry for you. Me say "So sorry" to you. Hope me no offend you again. Mr. Mean Scenester, you a nice guy. Bodacious tatas for now.

Congratulations for inserting a bit of creativity into your response, Doppel, but seriously, do you think that this is an issue we should be concerned with? And assuming that you're smart enough to realize that you've been duped into creating a scene, will you continue to use breitbart.com as a source of information?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:43 am

pjbogart wrote:
Congratulations for inserting a bit of creativity into your response, Doppel, but seriously, do you think that this is an issue we should be concerned with? And assuming that you're smart enough to realize that you've been duped into creating a scene, will you continue to use breitbart.com as a source of information?

Pj, you're probably correct that no children will be prosecuted for the use of this photo. I hope so. I still don't like it, but what Doppel doesn't like, doesn't matter. There are already many newly opened photoshops of this skeetfest on the web. Check out Twitchy.com if you have any interest at all.

Breitbart, Black Bart, what difference does it make? If it's on the web, it's true. And I wasn't duped into creating a scene, only Commies can dupe someone. Didn't they teach you anything in school?
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 am

Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government