MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Waz up with Woodward?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Waz up with Woodward?

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 pm

On December 4th I pointed to this:
http://www.nationaljournal.com/blogs/in ... ig-guns-04

With in days Woodward made some "news" I gave him a pass on.

Now it seems he is not so tenditive about plugging into the "machine". Perhaps it is just coincidence, but I suspect this is how K-street works us. So I guess we should say hello to the "new" Dick Morris. Very fascinating.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Waz up with Woodward?

Postby fennel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Boat payments coming due. Whaddya gonna do?
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 pm

My theory is that "Cry Bobby" Woodward bought into a Republican meme without doing much research. He thought it would spark huge book sales and have a bigger impact on the election. It must have been a blow to his ego when his sales and supposed revelations fizzled.

Woodward's style of journalism works if you have relatively honest people giving their version of the truth. It is subject to being thrown way off course by a sophisticated spin machine, where the truth is the last thing that matters. Woodward got snookered by the righty spin machine.

What is unfathomable to me is what a baby he is.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Oh, I suspect he is very familiar with the rules of engagement on the hill. Furthermore, he seemed so sure of how things have worked that he figured that against the advice of 'freinds' that he could troll along without someone calling BS. At this moment it does not seem to be working out that way.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm

He is old and in the way and should retire as we clearly need new suck-ups to power.
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you I-can't-believe-it's-butter... err... really true progressives for the great chuckle.

Ya know google is your friend. You don't have ta just drink the talking points cool-aid. However I am sure that you do not want to find out how wrong Obama is.

I respect the office of President. I have no respect for Obama's always-in-campaign-mode lying ass.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Now it seems he is not so tenditive about plugging into the "machine".
Either you completely misspelled "tentative" or your generally indecipherable posts have reached a new level of nonsense by resorting to actually making up words. Either way, as usual, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Sandi wrote:Thank you I-can't-believe-it's-butter... err... really true progressives for the great chuckle.

Ya know google is your friend. You don't have ta just drink the talking points cool-aid. However I am sure that you do not want to find out how wrong Obama is.

I respect the office of President. I have no respect for Obama's always-in-campaign-mode lying ass.

I'm sure there's a point buried in there somewhere. Do I need to rent a pig to root it out? Exactly which flavor of "cool-aid" (sic!) are we drinking? Maybe someone over at Newsmax has some answers.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Sandi wrote:I respect the office of President. I have no respect for Obama's always-in-campaign-mode lying ass.

Ah come on Sandi, the Bush/Cheney world view is still intact with our smiling-drone- launcher-in-chief. What's the problem?
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:Ah come on Sandi, the Bush/Cheney world view is still intact with our smiling-drone- launcher-in-chief. What's the problem?

I have no issues with the drone program. It is the spending problem that is way out of control.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Sandi wrote:You don't have ta just drink the talking points cool-aid.

I have no respect for Obama's always-in-campaign-mode lying ass.

"The lady doth protest too much me thinks." Google it.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Mad Howler wrote:"The lady doth protest too much me thinks." Google it.

No need. I have the Nook Book version of Hamlet
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Bland wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:Now it seems he is not so tenditive about plugging into the "machine".
Either you completely misspelled "tentative" or your generally indecipherable posts have reached a new level of nonsense by resorting to actually making up words. Either way, as usual, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Spelling mistake. Sorry to have sent you off course. Although, you do bring up something that has been stewing in the back of my mind. The notion is about our use of ridicule and how reflexively we employ it. Ridicule is the easy road, but it does not float all boats (as they say).
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Sandi wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:"The lady doth protest too much me thinks." Google it.

No need. I have the Nook Book version of Hamlet

You have the Nook Book version of "I'm a conservative sheeple and I'm gonna tow the party line and I'm gonna spew talking points like everyone else" It's just the same shit you complain us "progressives" do.

Sandi wrote:Thank you I-can't-believe-it's-butter... err... really true progressives for the great chuckle.

I'm gonna sit back and open a beer and watch the vitriol.

By the way, got past 3 people on your forum yet. Ya, Im a dick.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Ridicule is the easy road, but it does not float all boats (as they say).
No.
Nobody ever says that.

Because it makes no fucking sense!!

Am I really the only one here who cannot understand a single fucking thing MH posts?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government