MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Federal Workers encouraged to betray colleagues

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Federal Workers encouraged to betray colleagues

Postby manoletters » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

"Insider Threat!" As if things weren't repressive enough, now it turns out, Federal employees have been instructed to act as Professional Judases against their fellow workers. Social Security staff, for instance, are urged to report to their superiors if their colleagues are reading dangerous material like "The Onion" on their lunch hour. Gawd help anyone in the Federal bureaucracy who burned his toast that morning or argued with her husband - their irritability may be considered "suspicious." When Fascism came to America, we were apparently a bit distracted. I know I love my "Perry Mason;" it comes on every night at 10:30. But I regrettably digress - isn't "Insider Threat" just the sort of treacherous, back-stabbing, paranoid behavior that so disgusted the American Public, it ended up bringing down the notorious, red-baiting Senator Joe McCarthy in 1954? What's next, mandatory swearing to "Loyalty Oaths" of the type that President Harry Truman signed into law on March 21, 1947?
"...With Liberty and Justice for All."

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/25/i ... s_urged_to
manoletters
Forum Addict

Re: Federal Workers encouraged to betray colleagues

Postby Stella_Guru » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 pm

manoletters wrote:"Insider Threat!" As if things weren't repressive enough, now it turns out, Federal employees have been instructed to act as Professional Judases against their fellow workers.

Nothing new here for those who sell their livelihoods to corporate America. Where do you think terms like brown nose, company man, suck-up, suck-ass, ass kisser, boot licker etc. come from?
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Federal Workers encouraged to betray colleagues

Postby gargantua » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:
manoletters wrote:"Insider Threat!" As if things weren't repressive enough, now it turns out, Federal employees have been instructed to act as Professional Judases against their fellow workers.

Nothing new here for those who sell their livelihoods to corporate America. Where do you think terms like brown nose, company man, suck-up, suck-ass, ass kisser, boot licker etc. come from?

Vulgar people?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Return to National Politics & Government