MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Mike Huckabee - Liberal Communist

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Mike Huckabee - Liberal Communist

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Galoot wrote:I'm curious to know if any of these Christians who only believe in private charity are providing health insurance for any of the poor people they claim to be helping. My bet is no. Sure, some hospitals are providing a bit of emergency services, but if someone needs $100k in cancer treatment, I very much doubt the Christian charities are ponying up for that.

Check Shriners, for example.

Or Seventh Day Adventist hospitals. There are a lot of them and they provide a lot of free services.

I think Catholic Charities does as well.

John Henry

For all the good work those groups do... it isn't close to enough.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Maybe Huckabee, an ordained Christian minister, finally figured out WWJD.

Well, no.

We have a pretty good idea what Jesus would do because he already told us. He would tell us again "Feed my sheep"

He would tell us to tithe 10% of our income to help the poor.

What he would not do is tell us to gather an armed mob (A/K/A majority), call it "democratically elected government" and take money under threat of violence.

I am constantly amazed at how people like to feel all virtuous from spending other people's money but seldom their own.

Kind of the progressive mantra, though. Isn't it?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

As any charity will tell you, there's no way private foundations can fill these needs. Even Bill and Melinda Gates have said their wealth is just a drop in the bucket with regard to the problems they've chosen to address.

Now, JFH, do I have to get out my pencil and come up with the numbers to show you're crazy the way I did with Walmart, or will you come up with them by yourself?
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:59 am

snoqueen wrote:
Now, JFH, do I have to get out my pencil and come up with the numbers to show you're crazy the way I did with Walmart, or will you come up with them by yourself?

Yes.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:We have a pretty good idea what Jesus would do because he already told us... I am constantly amazed at how people like to feel all virtuous from spending other people's money but seldom their own.
John Henry

Jesus would say the money was never theirs nor the other people's; it always belonged to Caesar.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
snoqueen wrote:

Yes.

John Henry

Well, I guess that's clear and unambiguous....
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am

wack wack wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:We have a pretty good idea what Jesus would do because he already told us... I am constantly amazed at how people like to feel all virtuous from spending other people's money but seldom their own.
John Henry

Jesus would say the money was never theirs nor the other people's; it always belonged to Caesar.

Right, because Caesar got up at 4 in the morning and milked those cows. Jesus wasn't a government lickspittle.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 am

Rich Schultz wrote:
wack wack wrote:
John Henry

Right, because Caesar got up at 4 in the morning and milked those cows. Jesus wasn't a government lickspittle.

Don't post if you can't keep up, Rich. All the answers are right here in this thread for you. if you're having trouble understanding them, contact a preacher or Reza Aslan for an explanation.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government