Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

No More First Person Shooter Simulation Production In WI

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: No More First Person Shooter Simulation Production In WI

Postby dave esmond » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 pm

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:
ilikebeans wrote:
nofpssinwisconsin wrote:If everyone associated with Raven and Humanhead killed themselves today, would the world be a better place?

No.

Speaking as a friend of a Human Head employee, I find that incredibly offensive.

Now go away.

You have taken the quote out of context. It was in relation to our inter-group discussion on the fact that many of us would rather die than produce FPSS's.

Bullshit. That's the whole quote...in the context of your post.

Advocating that others kill themselves is awful.

Asking if the world would be better off if all the people who work on these games killed themselves...with the implied answer being yes.... is NOT just some inter-group discussion.

What kind of awful people take suicide that lightly?

Stand by what you wrote and stand up for it, or apologize for it. Don't try and weasel out of what you said by claiming some out of context BS.

Suicide is not something to be talked about lightly. It's not something that should be advocated. Doing so IS horrible for society. Look in the mirror and leave out the "the world would be a better place if you all killed yourselves" talk.

If you don't plenty of us won't be able to take anything you say seriously.

If you don't keep the crazy talk within the group you let us all know you're crazy. Treating suicide that lightly is crazy talk.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Here's some context.

"Teenage suicide in the United States remains comparatively high in the 15 to 24 age group with 4,000 suicides in this age range in 2004, making it the third leading cause of death for those aged 15 to 24. By comparison, suicide is the 11th leading cause of death for all those age 10 and over, with 33,289 suicides for all US citizens in 2006.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_su ... ted_States

When you advocate suicide you're doing something much worse then those that produce first person shooters.

Stop it. If you want to be taken seriously don't talk lightly about the third leading cause of teen deaths.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 pm

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:Does anyone know of other forums in the State that we can post?

http://madisonforum.net/
You're welcome.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Talon Newsman wrote:
nofpssinwisconsin wrote:Does anyone know of other forums in the State that we can post?

You're welcome.

Sandi, Carol, and now nofpssinwisconsin. I might sign up for that just to be a part of the fun.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby uwstudent » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh, So video games are bad for me?

(puts down controller, turns off game console, never plays another video game ever again)
uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 pm

For those of you who have never played a team based fps, apparently the type that causes us to become bloodthirsty serial killers, here's a quick glimpse of "Counter Strike". Terrorists vs. Counter Terrorists. All of the enemies and allies are actually people around the globe joining you for a bit of tactical murderous mayhem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkEj4rI2t8
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 pm

pjbogart wrote:For those of you who have never played a team based fps, apparently the type that causes us to become bloodthirsty serial killers, here's a quick glimpse of "Counter Strike". Terrorists vs. Counter Terrorists. All of the enemies and allies are actually people around the globe joining you for a bit of tactical murderous mayhem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkEj4rI2t8

Now that you mention it CS, I've changed my mind. We should definitely ban children from playing any of these online games.

So I have a chance to live longer then 10 seconds. twitchy little bastards.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Image

The original first person shooter game. This turned me into a monster.

Well... maybe not you....

:P
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nofpssinwisconsin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:01 am

I've been told by the expert in our group not to use metaphors or analogies because it gives dissociative and disordered people an avenue not to look at the issues. It's not about wanting people to kill themselves. It's not about the other games. It's about the fact that we don't want FPSS to be produced in our State.

Watch the video from the link below. Think about being an emotionally disturbed teen and engaging in the scene for 60 hours a week. And then realize that there are countless emotionally disturbed teens doing just that, engaging for days, months, years at a time with limited sleep or breaks.

http://www.ithp.org/articles/violentvideogames.html

Raven/Human Head are directly responsible for the depicted product. A product where virtual families are massacred in an airport. And you do the shooting. Next time you and your family go to an airport and are waiting at the luggage check in, be sure to think about the owners and employees of Raven and Human Head and credit them for the thoughts in your head.
Last edited by nofpssinwisconsin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
nofpssinwisconsin

Postby nofpssinwisconsin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 am

Talon Newsman wrote:

You're welcome.

Thank you. Does anyone know if there any in Milwaukee?
nofpssinwisconsin

Postby Detritus » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 am

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:I've been told by the expert in our group....

And who is that? An expert in what? If they're an expert in something, I for one would like to know more about their expertise.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 am

This thread has almost stopped being funny a few times now, but then nofpss comes back and saves it.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Yep. If this is entertainment, it's so intermittent I'm losing interest. Plus, you've gotten personal with people you don't even know, which is an un-classy way to introduce yourselves.

If this is a public relations attempt, it's the most inept one I've seen in years. "You people" (that's plural, in honor of the "we" thing) are a bunch of freaks and have done nothing but rant.

In addition, you spend an inordinate amount of time/space hiding behind anonymous or imaginary experts in your anonymous or imaginary group, which raises red flags as thick as flies around a dumpster.

So far you've converted zero of your readers. Even you can tell you must be doing something wrong. You need to start over.

Begin by treating your potential audience like intelligent people, calm down, and use reasoning instead of hysteria.

Or keep doing what you're doing now, and we can spend another hundred-page gun thread tearing all your posts to pieces until Admin comes to your rescue and locks the topic.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ___ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Has anyone pointed out that people like nofpssinwisconsin are far more dangerous than any violent video game?
___

Postby bdog » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:01 pm

___ wrote:Has anyone pointed out that people like nofpssinwisconsin are far more dangerous than any violent video game?

Awesome userid!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All