49%
Yes - But only in one room
31%
No - I'm always cool
20%

Total votes : 45

Postby saltman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:19 pm

blunt wrote: Magic Bullet

YOU have the magic bullet? Best/ worst infomercial ever! I've been tempted to buy one just to keep those people on the air. How them blended drinks tasting?
saltman
Forum Addict

Postby AmyW » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:21 pm

saltman wrote:

YOU have the magic bullet? Best/ worst infomercial ever! I've been tempted to buy one just to keep those people on the air. How them blended drinks tasting?

Hmm.... I thought the magic bullet was something else entirely.....
AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:24 pm

AmyW wrote:
saltman wrote:

Hmm.... I thought the magic bullet was something else entirely.....
Me too! 8)
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:07 am

76 degrees tomorrow. WOOOHOOO!!!!
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:47 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
AmyW wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:FYI-- Sears is having an appliance sale. AC units on sale and no payments or interest for a year. If the local store is sold out, they can be purchased through Sears.com and will be delivered to you home in a few days.

Thanks, Ned. That's something to look into.
But no Stephen King reference? :wink:

OK since you asked nicely:

"Oh yes, we all float - and when you're down here with us, you'll float too!"

But seriously, check ou that Sears thing. We got a unit for our downstairs and one for the upstairs bedroom for approx $700 delivered right to our door.

Ned, let me get this straight. You paid $700 for two air conditioners delivered "right to our front door?"

A) Air conditioners aren't that heavy. It's not like you bought a refrigerator or anything.

B) Who would pay $350 for an air conditioner? If you're going to pay $700 to cool your home, you may as well spend the extra money and have central air installed. Your monthly bill would be less and it would add to the value of your home.

C) You financed an air conditioner? Are you saving up for that microwave that you put on layaway?

D) What in the hell is wrong with you?

If you need someone to manage your money, I'd be happy to help out. Perhaps a few less donations to the Swiftboaters is in line.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AmyW » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:49 am

Hey, pj, maybe Ned isn't as old as you. Financing $700 would be an amazing feat for my household.
BTW-it was Bogosh, not Bogart, but thanks for answering...
AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:45 am

AmyW wrote:Hey, pj, maybe Ned isn't as old as you. Financing $700 would be an amazing feat for my household.
BTW-it was Bogosh, not Bogart, but thanks for answering...

Ned is clearly older than me. If Ned was in his twenties, or even his early thirties, perhaps I could understand. He said he bought his first home in Fitchburg in the 80's. I would guess that Ned is in his late 40's or 50's, and often comments on cashing in on stock market slides, meaning he has excess cash to invest (or he's a liar).

I'm only 33, and by no means wealthy. I can certainly cough up $1000 in a pinch, though.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:04 am

I to replace my central air for a three bedroom, two floor, plus half basement townhouse in 1995, Chicago. $2,000 Lennox .
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:49 am

Last night was the first good sleep I've had in over a week. Ahhhh....nature's AC.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:39 am

pjbogart wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
AmyW wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:FYI-- Sears is having an appliance sale. AC units on sale and no payments or interest for a year. If the local store is sold out, they can be purchased through Sears.com and will be delivered to you home in a few days.

Thanks, Ned. That's something to look into.
But no Stephen King reference? :wink:

OK since you asked nicely:

"Oh yes, we all float - and when you're down here with us, you'll float too!"

But seriously, check ou that Sears thing. We got a unit for our downstairs and one for the upstairs bedroom for approx $700 delivered right to our door.

Ned, let me get this straight. You paid $700 for two air conditioners delivered "right to our front door?"

A) Air conditioners aren't that heavy. It's not like you bought a refrigerator or anything.

B) Who would pay $350 for an air conditioner? If you're going to pay $700 to cool your home, you may as well spend the extra money and have central air installed. Your monthly bill would be less and it would add to the value of your home.

C) You financed an air conditioner? Are you saving up for that microwave that you put on layaway?

D) What in the hell is wrong with you?

If you need someone to manage your money, I'd be happy to help out. Perhaps a few less donations to the Swiftboaters is in line.

God knows why I'm replying to this polished knob/rusty tool known as pj. I guess it's only to (again) highlight his second grade reading comprehension skills.

First, I built a house in Madison in the 90s.

To answer each point (And feel free to move your lips when reading, it may aid in comprehension)

A. I said if your local store is sold out, you may order from Sears.com and it will be deilvered to your front door. Such was the case for me during the '01 heatwave.
B. Have ya ever heard of homes heated by radiators Frank Lloyd Wrong? No duct work Boob Vila. Get it?
C. No finance charges for a year. Zero. Nada. Matches your brainwave output. That means if you pay off the balance on day 364, you will have paid no finance charges. That means you're playing with Sears money for a year and screwing an evil corporation. Right up your dead-end alley, no doubt.
D. I will spare you the added embarrassment of responding to this point as I am firmly against mistreating retarded children.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:22 am

I'm so sorry, Ned. I didn't realize that you were such a brilliant economist. It's ok to pay twice what the unit is worth, because you don't have to pay for it for a whole year! That kind of reminds me of Bush's economic policies. Congrats on "stickin' it to the man."
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:07 am

pjbogart wrote:I'm so sorry, Ned. I didn't realize that you were such a brilliant economist. It's ok to pay twice what the unit is worth, because you don't have to pay for it for a whole year! That kind of reminds me of Bush's economic policies. Congrats on "stickin' it to the man."
That's quite a moronic statement since you have no idea about the size of the area I'm trying to cool. But from the mouths of morons some good can come:

If others are thinking about buying an AC unit, they should hunt down a handy dandy calculator that will tell you what size unit you'll need in BTUs to cool the square feet of a given area. They're available all over the Internet.

You don't want to be dumb like pj and buy whatever's on sale at Home Depot. A unit that is too small may not cool your desired space or may work too hard and break after a year or too.

Unit expense is relative as you need to have the right size unit for your needs.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All