MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, February 1, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 12.0° F  Snow Blowing Snow and Windy
Collapse Photo Bar

Kwik Trip on Gammon RD, WTF?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Kwik Trip on Gammon RD, WTF?

Postby Justcub » Tue May 01, 2007 1:21 am

The Kwik Trip on Gammon Road is CLOSED! WHY??


I was there on Thursday getting a MegaBuddy Soda and some cigarettes. Overheard a manager talking to a vendor about an upcoming order. all seemed normal.
Not sure I drove past it on Friday.
Know for sure I didnt pass it on Saturday or Sunday.
Drove by tonight on my way home.
And it was closed. Dumpsters in the parking lot, with store fixtures in it, the safe was even out there. Signs saying it was KwikTrip all covered or removed. Gas Pumps taken out... and all the sign on the door said on Poster board was "SORRY WE ARE CLOSED"

Uhm why? What happened there?
WHERE AM I GONNA GET MY MEGABUDDY?

No seriiously, anybody know what the story is on this?

Thanks
JC
Justcub
Senior Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue May 01, 2007 9:00 am

Aren't there a thousand other gas stations in that area to choose from?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 13564
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm

Re: Kwik Trip on Gammon RD, WTF?

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 01, 2007 9:04 am

Justcub wrote:The Kwik Trip on Gammon Road is CLOSED! WHY??

Why two different posts on this mundane topic?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 20407
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Kwik Trip on Gammon RD, WTF?

Postby meowzamusic » Tue May 01, 2007 9:21 am

Justcub wrote:The Kwik Trip on Gammon Road is CLOSED! WHY??


I was there on Thursday getting a MegaBuddy Soda and some cigarettes. Overheard a manager talking to a vendor about an upcoming order. all seemed normal.
Not sure I drove past it on Friday.
Know for sure I didnt pass it on Saturday or Sunday.
Drove by tonight on my way home.
And it was closed. Dumpsters in the parking lot, with store fixtures in it, the safe was even out there. Signs saying it was KwikTrip all covered or removed. Gas Pumps taken out... and all the sign on the door said on Poster board was "SORRY WE ARE CLOSED"

Uhm why? What happened there?
WHERE AM I GONNA GET MY MEGABUDDY?

No seriiously, anybody know what the story is on this?

Thanks
JC

http://www.kwiktrip.com/m_whereweare/storelocator.asp
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:33 am
Location: Taking requests

Postby bluethedog » Tue May 01, 2007 9:46 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Aren't there a thousand other gas stations in that area to choose from?

Yes...but I think that one got a lot of walk in traffic. A friend of mine lives down the street and has been out of state since last Wednesday. When she gets back and finds out about it she'll throw something.

I better call her.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:49 am
Location: West side

Postby Marvell » Tue May 01, 2007 11:52 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Aren't there a thousand other gas stations in that area to choose from?


Yes - but do they have a MegaBuddy Soda?
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6995
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Postby aaron » Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 am

This is like lamenting the closure of a solitary PDQ or Walgreens. (Walk another 10 feet and there will be another one.)
aaron
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:30 pm

Re: Kwik Trip on Gammon RD, WTF?

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue May 01, 2007 11:59 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Justcub wrote:The Kwik Trip on Gammon Road is CLOSED! WHY??

Why two different posts on this mundane topic?


Shit, this is BIG NEWS! It's worthy of at least four or five topics... :roll:
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3981
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Around here somewhere

Uhm no...

Postby Justcub » Tue May 01, 2007 12:58 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Aren't there a thousand other gas stations in that area to choose from?



Woodmans is cash only and no fountain sodas.
The BP/Amocco is run down, been there a few times, often understaffed to the point where the clerk inside has locked the door to attend to something else...
and the PDQ which is much farther south on Mckenna and Raymond.. I just dont care for the PDQ.

Besides NONE of those places have the MEGABUDDY SODA.! (for those that dont know it, it is a 60oz fountain soda cup size)! None even come close to having a 60oz soda cup.

JC
Justcub
Senior Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Re: Uhm no...

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue May 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Justcub wrote:None even come close to having a 60oz soda cup.


Well, speak for yourself, son--

Oh, you said soda cup. Mah bad.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8436
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Uhm no...

Postby Marvell » Tue May 01, 2007 1:17 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Justcub wrote:None even come close to having a 60oz soda cup.


Well, speak for yourself, son--

Oh, you said soda cup. Mah bad.


My compliments to Mrs. BookPolice.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6995
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Postby meowzamusic » Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 pm

You're in a car, right? La Bambas is a couple of blocks up across the street and they sell a gigantic soda. Plus they're open until 3 am every night. I'm sure the Wendy's and Arby's (also mere blocks away) also sell gigantic sodas as well.
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:33 am
Location: Taking requests

Postby Justcub » Tue May 01, 2007 3:05 pm

meowzamusic wrote:You're in a car, right? La Bambas is a couple of blocks up across the street and they sell a gigantic soda. Plus they're open until 3 am every night. I'm sure the Wendy's and Arby's (also mere blocks away) also sell gigantic sodas as well.



Not 60oz cups...this is larger then a Big Gulp from 7-11 (not that there are any of those around here.)
The most you can get at Arby's is 42 oz, Wendy's is about the same.
Kelly's Markets or the Speedways do not go up to 60oz for fountain drinks either.
Justcub
Senior Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Postby roadkill bill » Tue May 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Just thinking about 60 oz of soda is making me ill. And the fact that someone might drink that quantity before it got warm? :shock:
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:33 am

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue May 01, 2007 3:23 pm

roadkill bill wrote:Just thinking about 60 oz of soda is making me ill.

No fucking shit. Unless you're a diabetic in the midst of a low blood sugar attack, you're nuts to even think about that shit. And if you're not, you soon will be if you keep pouring that much corn syrup down your gullet on a daily basis.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 10385
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:41 pm
Location: back atcha

Next

Return to Catch All

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar