MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Does anyone know where Zach Brandon purchases his clothing?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 pm

lysander wrote:Side note, white_rabbit, as far as doing trannies, I thought Dan Savage wrote that straight guys who hook up with folks who identify as chicks are still straight, they just love dicks (on chicks). I mean, if a straight guy slept with a bull dyke wearing a mustache, he wouldn't be gay, would he?

Bad analogy.

The straight guy is still putting his outtie into an innie, therefore engaging in heterosexual sex. The real question is; is the bull dyke who is sleeping with straight guy still gay, as she is engaging in heterosexual sex. Whereas, the "straight" guy who engages in sex with a drag queen, regardless of how feminine the queen may appear, is still bumping uglies with another outtie, therefore engaging in gay sex.

I don't consider Dan Savage as the supreme authority of all things gay or otherwise. He has some interesting insights and is quite humorous, but he isn't the official spokesperson for the gay community. But regardless, my post was meant as a jab to PM and a joke for everyone else.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 17, 2007 9:28 pm

lysander wrote:one of those things you shove in the jacket pocket

Y'mean a handful of beef sticks? Can of Old Style? Packet of Black Cats?

What?!?!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Thu May 17, 2007 10:24 pm

lysander wrote:What's all this about not being able to buy nice suits and whatnot in Madison?

I would counter that Madison does not really have any great places for Haberdashery for men that I know of. This was a very stylish Springtime suit. Not exactly seersucker, but along those lines.
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Fri May 18, 2007 8:19 am

white_rabbit wrote:
lysander wrote:Side note, white_rabbit, as far as doing trannies, I thought Dan Savage wrote that straight guys who hook up with folks who identify as chicks are still straight, they just love dicks (on chicks). I mean, if a straight guy slept with a bull dyke wearing a mustache, he wouldn't be gay, would he?

Bad analogy.

The straight guy is still putting his outtie into an innie, therefore engaging in heterosexual sex. The real question is; is the bull dyke who is sleeping with straight guy still gay, as she is engaging in heterosexual sex. Whereas, the "straight" guy who engages in sex with a drag queen, regardless of how feminine the queen may appear, is still bumping uglies with another outtie, therefore engaging in gay sex.

What the..?!

Shouldn't all this be in the Brenda Konkel's Gender Balance Resolution thread?
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon May 21, 2007 12:56 pm

As far as I know, Zach Brandon gets his clothes from whatever's left in the dryers at Laundry 101.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon May 21, 2007 6:38 pm

blunt wrote:As far as I know, Zach Brandon gets his clothes from whatever's left in the dryers at Laundry 101.

pssst...blunt, you're stealing jjoyce's material.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Mon May 21, 2007 8:25 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
blunt wrote:As far as I know, Zach Brandon gets his clothes from whatever's left in the dryers at Laundry 101.

pssst...blunt, you're stealing jjoyce's material.

Actually, Steve Martin originally performed the Zach Brandon gets his clothes out of the dryer routine as part of the opening monologue on his 22nd SNL guest host appearance.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon May 21, 2007 8:38 pm

universitylad wrote:I would counter that Madison does not really have any great places for Haberdashery for men that I know of.

And I would counter that maybe you're not very stylish.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon May 21, 2007 10:29 pm

I need more information. A guy who gets way, WAY too dressed up (she-style) is a trannie (and usually seems to be having a good time). What do you call a guy who gets way, WAY too dressed up (he-style)?

What does that make Zach Brandon, and does anyone know if he's having a good time?
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 pm

snoqueen wrote: What do you call a guy who gets way, WAY too dressed up (he-style)?

Steven Cojocaru.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:21 pm

Could someone please explain,what Zach Brandon did, that is giving everyone such a hissy fit? I guess I haven't been keeping up. I've met him a few times and thought he was quite ordinary.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Wed May 23, 2007 6:09 pm

When will Zach Brandon begin to blog again at Upstreaming?

I have not found any posts for 2007 yet.
http://zachbrandon.blogspot.com/
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

universitylad wrote:I would counter that Madison does not really have any great places for Haberdashery for men that I know of.

You don't want to hear how I counter the willful and earnest use of the word "haberdashery" (capitalized, no less!) in a sentence by anyone other than Bootsy Collins.

Your problem is you're looking under "H" in the fucking phonebook for fucking clothes.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu May 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Your problem is you're looking under "H" in the fucking phonebook for fucking clothes.

Nevermind a fundamental misunderstanding of the term "haberdashery."

Hint: It is not a store that makes you look dashing.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Thu May 24, 2007 5:19 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:]

Nevermind a fundamental misunderstanding of the term "haberdashery."

Hint: It is not a store that makes you look dashing.

Please elaborate. Isn't men's haberdashery just another word for menswear?
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All