MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Customer service at Studio Jewelers

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Customer service at Studio Jewelers

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:18 pm

solsticeson wrote:Has anyone else experienced horrible customer service at Studio Jewelers in Madison?

Poor baby. Does your ring finger hurt?

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 pm

I find it very interesting that they have very frequent help wanted ads. They told me they have a "back-log of art student, experienced in jewelry and retail". I'm always suspicious of places that have help wanted ads, every few months.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby L'enfer c'est les autres » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Whatever. An anonymous poster on a public forum trashing a local business with their first and only post carries less than a thimble of credibility in my book.

Oh "Stomach", you must be so much more worthy of me--having 604 posts! I didn't know one's credibility and worth in our society was deemed by the number of one's posts besides their name! I bow down to you, your highness!
L'enfer c'est les autres

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 pm

solsticeson wrote:"Studio Jewelers

Please remove my name from your mailing list. I do not wish to be
contacted by you and I will never again be a customer of your store.

Please reply when this has been completed.

Thanks"

"Please burn down this bridge between my island and yours, and then walk over to my house to tell me when the task has been completed."
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:44 pm

Maybe the worst thing you can do is show up on this or any message board as an anonymous entity and trash a business. After a proprietor essentially puts his or her personality on display for everyone to comment on, doing so without signing your name is incredibly cowardly.

This isn't Wal-mart we're talking about here.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulseCzar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Just chalk it up to the customer/business relationship not being a good fit. It's really not worth the stress unless she did something to ruin your life. I've known Hanna (professionally) for over 15 years and it doesn't shock me that she would write that e-mail. Many artists aren't the best at public relations. How many of us are?? She's a very eclectic woman and a bit of a drama queen. She's also a successful business owner who makes really cool items. And she really knows her stuff! She's got to be doing something right. I agree that the locked door is off-putting however, she's not exactly in an ideal location and I believe the buzzer allows her to be working in between sporadic customer visits. Bottom line is that I've grown to appreciate Hanna for her manner. In a way it's refreshing as opposed to some of the fake, sugary, pushy "service" that you get in some commissioned retail situations.
pulseCzar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Fer Fuck's sake.

A locked door on a jewelery store? No shit! It's not like you can walk in with a threatening note and walk out with half a mil in your pocket. Oh wait. Well, it's not anyone can walk in and get all Reservoir Dogs on their.. oh wait. You fucking retard, it's a JEWELERY STORE. Ever been to a city bigger than Cross Plains?

The shock (by anonymous newbie posters) at a politely worded e-mail? Holy fucking shit, you cockbiting motherfucks. Have you read anything written here by me or Chuck_Schick (or, you know, functioned in real life)? I've seen customers of various establishments use far worse language against innocent clerks. I've seen girls (high-school aged) get their asses grabbed by filthy old men. I've seen a rainbow of shitheels vent their rage on hourly employees far, far more often than I've EVER seen a business owner come anywhere close to losing their cool, so yeah, I tend to side with the even-handed, NON-anonymous (and yet not public) response of a business owner who seems to have been around for quite a while. Solstice? Frenchy? Winklefuck? Blow me. Take it to Craigslist R&R, if you think anyone gives a fuck. Otherwise, don't slander legitimate folk here without at least putting your shit where your e-hole is, bitches.
lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:39 pm

pulseCzar wrote:I agree that the locked door is off-putting however, she's not exactly in an ideal location and I believe the buzzer allows her to be working in between sporadic customer visits.

It's a little on the unusual side for a city the size of Madison, but it makes sense for a jewelry store, especially one not heavily staffed.

Hell, I've seen it on clothing stores in larger cities, and in nice parts of town too (like Upper West Side Manhattan).

I disagree strongly with another user's evidence-free (and first and only) post implying that the store owner may have adopted this policy for racist purposes.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Studio Jewlers

Postby Copeland1984 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:27 pm

I've never done business here before. But after reading the exchange here, I would be inclined to do so. A business owner that has a backbone? Imagine that. Or even one that wants to protect her busines and/or not have to pay someone to sit around and watch the door? Sounds like good sense to me.

As far as 'the customer is always right'? That's a load of crap. As I was job hunting, my favorite interview questions was "Have you ever fired a customer?" Those that acted shocked at such a concept got a pass.
Copeland
Copeland1984

Previous

Return to Catch All