MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

No-Call Scam Abuse

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

No-Call Scam Abuse

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Right around Labor Day, I started getting a voice mail, claiming to be Wells Fargo, asking to call their 800# and key in account or SS#. I got a live person and told them, no one in my family has an account with them. Still got calls from two other numbers, I traced. I've got the State involved now, but I'm wondering if anyone else is being harrassed by these idiots?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby read to see the world » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:29 pm

Sounds like a spam problem, more than a scam problem. See if you can get them added to the no-call lists and things like that. If no one in your family has anything to do with them, ask them where they got your phone number and tell them to stop selling your info to other companies. They’re one of the companies my college deals with for loans, and they sell our names and school info and even our school mail box numbers to companies like Discover. We get spam and junk mail in our school mailboxes because companies like Wells Fargo sell us to make even more money than they’re already making on interest for my crappy school loans.
read to see the world

Return to Catch All