Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, January 26, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 24.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Snip Snip

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Snip Snip

Postby Oprah » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm done makin' youngins.

Anybody have any interesting vasectomy stories?

Anybody know a good urologist?
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Snip Snip

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Oprah wrote:Anybody have any interesting vasectomy stories?

When I got mine, the doc apologized at one point for taking so long and expressed concern for how I was doing. "It's better than being at the dentist," I answered. He laughed hysterically and then said, "My brother's a dentist - is it okay if I tell him you said that at Thanksgiving?"
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:19 pm

After our second child, and arguing about who was going to do what, my hubby agreed to a vasectomy. We got a referral from my OB-GYN. We went in for a joint talk about the procedure. The date was set. Hubby balked the morning of, and threw up. In frustration, I called my old personal urologist. He said he had just the guy to talk to my guy, to set him at ease. The gents had their talk. We set the date. Hubby took a valium the night before and the morning of. When he came home, he laid back on the bed with an icepack. I had two 24 hour labors, so I had to wipe the smirk off my face.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:26 pm

Bwis53 wrote: Hubby balked the morning of, and threw up.

Did he give you this look?

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:27 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
Bwis53 wrote: Hubby balked the morning of, and threw up.

Did he give you this look?

:lol:

Not to laugh too much at the subject at hand, but sweet jeebus I remember that look on my dog's face when he came home without his two furry balls.
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:27 am

I walked funny for a couple of days afterwards, but the pain eventually went away...

The best part was the hot young nurse who washed my rig with warm soapy water before the surgery.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 am

I don't believe in kicking a dog when he's down... It was hard not to laugh, after all he was in the room, when they came after my firstborn with the silver forks.

I think everyone is a bit weird after a surgical procedure. The guy who talked to my hubby, told our urologist, he was so pleasantly surprised by the ease of the whole thing, he'd be happy to talk to fraidy cats.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:23 pm

I think saving yourself after marriage is the best route.
You can always remember.
Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:45 pm

This is what I did:
Use a bag of frozen lima beans instead of an ice pack. The frigid pale green smoothness really helps the healing process. Somehow it isn't quite as cold yet still has the same anti-swelling power.
Then, ignore the urologist admonishment and have sex right away the next day. It helps you ignore the hurt and takes care of that strange bow-legged walk that will mark you as a recent big-V recipient. You know, the ol' "Walk it off and get back in the game!" thang.
donges
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:12 pm

Don't forget, you're not sterile until the Dr. says so!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:42 am

Gift suggestion (especially for gun enthusiasts):

To commemorate a friend's vasectomy, a former co-worker of mine gave the guy a pack of blank cartridges.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mifflander » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:29 am

Bwis53 wrote:Don't forget, you're not sterile until the Dr. says so!

Yep, the pipes have to be good and cleaned out of any of the old stock that might still have a few live bullets left before the doc even wants your specimen. I can't remember exactly, but I think he said 15-20 times minimum before stopping by the lab.

And I don't think it's ever like the TV shows where they put you in a room with a crusty old copy of Penthouse while a nurse waits outside the door.

Your given a kit to take home with you after the procedure. But all samples have to be fresh. Can't let the temp drop too much or it becomes non-viable and you get a do over.

So if you chose to work from home for that particular part of the process make sure it's during regular working business hours and get over to that lab quickly so you can personally hand over your still warm sample cup (tightly sealed and clean, preferably) to the probably not so eagerly awaiting lab tech while trying to maintain some shred of dignity. You do get a little bag to put it in (the cup, that is) and when you hand it over they will ask you what's in there. The best answer I could think of was "vasectomy follow-up sample". "A cup of my still hot spunk" or some similar response would of course be less vague but also less apreciated by all within ear shot, I'm guessing. Casual and discrete was the prefered attitude, I found. My doc needed two consecutive negative results before he gave the all clear. And the edges of those cups they give you are SHARP, so watch out for that.

The pain doesn't last long (couple of days) but you may want to avoid boxer shorts for awhile. Support is good. And you'll itch like a motherfucker for awhile.

So get busy asap afterwards but don't toss that box of trojans just yet.
mifflander
Forum Addict

Re: Snip Snip

Postby stoshy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Oprah wrote:Anybody have any interesting vasectomy stories?

When I got mine, the doc apologized at one point for taking so long and expressed concern for how I was doing. "It's better than being at the dentist," I answered. He laughed hysterically and then said, "My brother's a dentist - is it okay if I tell him you said that at Thanksgiving?"

Hey Prof:

I'm wondering if you'd like to talk to me about vinyl collecting. I'd send you a private message, but apparently it's disabled on this board, so please send me an e-mail at stoshy[at]gmail.com
Thanks.
stoshy

Postby jjoyce » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:52 pm

A guy I was in a play with once is the man over at Minor Procedures, where they make their money on varicose vein removal and no-scalpel (lasers?) vasectomies.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Garimba » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:The best part was the hot young nurse who washed my rig with warm soapy water before the surgery.

Oh that Blunt and his nurse costumes!!!
Garimba
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Catch All