MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
breese stevens field
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Motorcycle riding Forons - Breakfast and ride call out!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Motorcycle riding Forons - Breakfast and ride call out!

Postby msnflyer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 am

OK, you know who you are!
Oct. 14, Madison Chapter 2 AMA Fall Color Ride and Poker Run.
Mexicali Rose off Cottage Grove Rd. (Yes, I know the restaurant is closed. The starting point has been published, it can't be changed.)
Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
Last bikes out at 10:30.
AMA membership not required to participate.

Route goes east, then north to Horicon Marsh, about 65 miles. Draw cards at 2 checkpoints and endpoint, prizes for best poker hands.

Breakfast at 8:00 at the Cottage Cafe on Atlas Ave., directly behind the fire station. No, I'm not buying! :lol:
msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:40 pm

...on a related note. Slimey Crud Run this coming sunday. The weather's looking a bit fickle...but those who've ridden this one before know that a little rain has never stopped the crud run.

Pine Bluff @ 10 am...we'll be the very hungover looking group of rockets in the little farmhouse behind the Red Mouse.

By far the best (and biggest) impromptu bike show in the midwest. And all are welcome no matter what your ride is. One of the few times you'll see a group of sport-bikes packed up with old farts on vintage beamers and harleys.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby msnflyer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Rain stop a ride?? Only for the wusses. My 13-day July vacation had 10 days of rain and I survived, even did the Mt. Washington road.
msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:33 pm

I hear ya. But there's a good portion of weekend warriors out there who think the sky rains oil. We'll break em of that.

Although I did meet an interesting fellow known only as "Hondo" on one drizzly ride who broke off early and went back to the bar. His buddies were giving him a hard time when we got back. His response got my attention: "the only thing getting wet when I ride, is the b*tch on the back." I had to tip my hat to that.

Hondo, you're a smarter man than I.

--Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All