MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 24.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

anyone else get dinged by a grabage-spewing truck....

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

anyone else get dinged by a grabage-spewing truck....

Postby jameson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:06 pm

...yesterday around 11:50 am on the west-bound beltline at Old Sauk road? I was going to call the police to report all the construction-looking debris (including whole pallets) falling out behind his truck, but then he pulled over at the University ave exit and was re-closing his tarp.

Sure enough later that afternoon I have a huge crack in my windshield and Green Valley says there's nothing they can do without a truck number. SOS!
jameson

Re: anyone else get dinged by a grabage-spewing truck....

Postby chance » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:18 pm

jameson wrote:...yesterday around 11:50 am on the west-bound beltline at Old Sauk road? I was going to call the police to report all the construction-looking debris (including whole pallets) falling out behind his truck, but then he pulled over at the University ave exit and was re-closing his tarp.

Sure enough later that afternoon I have a huge crack in my windshield and Green Valley says there's nothing they can do without a truck number. SOS!

What they mean is, they won't do anything voluntarily. But you don't need a truck number to sue 'em. If it was a Green Valley truck, then they're responsible, whichever one of their trucks it is. If you saw that it was a Green Valley truck, and that the crap fell out of it and bounced onto your windshield, you've got all you need. Get an estimate on the windshield, get the address for Green Valley's headquarters, then get on down to Small Claims Court and get the paperwork to start an action against them. Once they get it, they may discover that they can do something about it -- like pay your bill.
chance
Forum Addict

Postby Learned » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All