MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 23.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Health Club - What's with that person?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Health Club - What's with that person?

Postby HeyZeus » Wed May 06, 2009 4:28 pm

ilikebeans wrote:Ugh, just witnessed this one last night:

- The old, dumpy guy that decides to trim his yellow, fungus-infected toenails after showering. Nothing underneath to catch the clippings. He also falls into the "membership only to use the hot tub/steam room," "trunk full of personal care products," and "lots of post-shower naked time" categories. In fact, the nail clipping occurred while sitting naked on a locker room bench. *shudder*

Coincidentally, ten minutes previously, I had a discussion with a maintenance guy about the industrial-strength disinfectants they use to kill every living thing in the locker rooms and pool area, so no need to cancel my membership.

The guys who spend 10 minutes picking at their toe jam is nauseating. Perhaps they wouldn't have that problem if they wore flip-flops in that cesspool the club calls a shower.

The only guys I've seen who regularly sit naked on the benches are the ultra-old guys. One day I noticed a nice, brown smear on the bench by my locker. I'm going to assume that wasn't a melted Snickers bar.

Which club is keeping their locker rooms clean? It sure isn't the Princeton Club west.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm almost sorry I started this subject!

People from faraway countries trying to learn how to swim. Ha! They suck at it!
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:I'm almost sorry I started this subject.

It's been quite satisfying for me .Thank you.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 am

HeyZeus wrote:
Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:I'm almost sorry I started this subject.

It's been quite satisfying for me .Thank you.

Cigarette?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Thu May 14, 2009 5:01 pm

guys who shave their faces while naked with their junk hanging inches (or swinging and swaying against) the counter/sink area.
Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 am

Guys who are 50-100 pounds over weight who feel compelled to wear Under Armour Compression Shirts.

Dude at the gym tonight had the matching blue shorts and looked like a big blueberry. A great, big, flabby blueberry.

I never thought fat people would look appetizing with their shirts off. Thanks man, for proving me wrong.

:shock:
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:54 pm

This may seem unrelated, but what causes old-man smell? You know, it's that mothball-y scent that at least one elderly man in your family exudes.

I detected that odor at the pool-area drinking fountain tonight, minutes after the dumpy guy I wrote about above was using it. Thing is, this was after he had (presumably) showered, then hit the hot tub, then the steam room, then the hot tub again.

I had always figured it was due to body odor. However, this incident would suggest it's more in the breath. Maybe both?

At least there was no toenail trimming tonight. God, how I shiver when I see him waddle in.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 am

ilikebeans wrote:This may seem unrelated, but what causes old-man smell?

Age.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pattymcnutt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:07 pm

crevice beatle wrote:Right up there with the person working out in stone wash jeans - there was a young woman at my gym who would run the treadmill wearing Doc Martins.

Yesterday there was a woman at Anytime Fitness wearing Crocs on the elliptical. And yes, they perfectly matched the rest of her outfit. I kept waiting for her "shoe" to get caught on something and cause her to fall flat on her face.

And last week there was some chick and her boyfriend who literally sat on one of the weight machines for well over an HOUR, not lifting weights, but watching some tennis tournament on TV. A couple of times people approached them to ask them to move, and the girl would then start s-l-o-w-l-y lifting and insist she was still using the machine.
pattymcnutt
Forum Addict

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:10 pm

ilikebeans wrote:This may seem unrelated, but what causes old-man smell? You know, it's that mothball-y scent that at least one elderly man in your family exudes.

Could it have something to do with being elderly and taking lots of prescription medications? I've heard that certain meds can cause one to exude a "chemically" odor.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
ilikebeans wrote:This may seem unrelated, but what causes old-man smell? You know, it's that mothball-y scent that at least one elderly man in your family exudes.

Could it have something to do with being elderly and taking lots of prescription medications? I've heard that certain meds can cause one to exude a "chemically" odor.

+1

just learned that on a rerun of csi-miami
Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Saw this one last night:

Woman on the elliptical who stops every minute to text her bff. 30-60 seconds of hard aerobic activity. Followed by another 30-60 seconds of texting. I wondered why she bothered showing up.

Those saddlebags and that flabby belly ain't gonna melt off by themselves.

At least her thumbs will be strong.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Here's another.
Guy who can't get laid so he blogs about it for a year and then takes his legally purchased guns to the gym with him and blows away 3 people and himself.
What's with THAT guy?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 am

The guy who spends an inordinate amount of time standing in front of his locker, in his underwear, using his smartphone.

Dude, go home and do that.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 pm

The next time I see anyone at my fitness club doing anything similar to the things people have posted here, I'll post about.

Until then I will regularly raise my voice in thanks to all deities everywhere.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All