MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Light Drizzle Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Snow Blower Repair

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Snow Blower Repair

Postby city2countrygal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm

If called the queen of double entendre, I would not disagree.

Electric start worked today! Used to keep it in the garage, this winter it’s been out in cold.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ttusker » Wed May 14, 2014 11:17 am

Sorry to report that KT Power Center is no longer in operation. I needed my lawn mower fixed; after emailing them with a few particulars, I got a reply back stating they have gone out of business. This seems to have happened fairly recently, as their web site is still up and running, but their phone number no longer works.

I was able to find a business (Haight's Mobile Maintenance) that does maintenance and light repairs on-site (at the customer's home) on lawn mowers and snow blowers. After we spoke on the phone about the problem with my lawn mower, the business owner agreed to try to fix it at their shop and picked it up yesterday. I'll see how it goes, and post here when I get the mower back. I will also try to find out if this pick-up and delivery is something Haight's routinely does, which I hope, or if they were just doing me a favor.
Ttusker

Postby john_titor » Wed May 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Dang.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ttusker » Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Haight's Mobile Maintenance dropped off my repaired lawn mower today. I actually could have gotten it back early last week, but I was away and asked that they hold off delivering it until this week. In addition to the repair, I'd had them give it a tune-up (sharpen blades, oil change, under-deck cleaning, etc.) The mower looked almost new when I got it back, so they must have cleaned up the whole thing. The price was reasonable, and the fact that they picked up and dropped off the mower saved me some hassle. Also, I was asking the delivery guy (whose name I forget) about a minor issue with my snowblower (loose drive-engage cable), and he came into the garage and fixed it on the spot, free of charge.

According to the delivery guy, Haight's routinely does pick-up and delivery service for an extra fee. Since they advertise themselves as "mobile maintenance," it might be wise to call them and describe what service you're looking for beforehand, just to avoid any confusion.

I'm glad to have found a nice, local, mom-and-pop type business who can take the place of the now-defunct KT Power Center for my needs, who by all appearances does good work for a fair price, and who even threw in a little extra for free.
Ttusker

Postby MPMay » Fri May 30, 2014 11:01 am

I've been using TCO Power at 717 Atlas Avenue (just off Cottage Grove Rd) for years. I'm very happy with them. I've never asked if they pick up and deliver because I'm still able to wrestle the machines into the back of the wagon.
MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby Haight'sMobile » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi, this is Bob Haight Owner of Haight's Mobile Maintenance. I found this post after a customer of mine told me about it. Just to clear up any confusion, I offer on-site, pick up/delivery and drop off service. On-site service is, I come to your house and service your equipment right there. Drop off service is where you bring it in and we call you when it is ready for you to come and pick it up. Pick up/delivery service is when we come and get it, bring it to the shop and then return it when finished.

I usually limit on-site work to tune ups and minor repairs. For more major repairs I usually like to bring it to the shop, its a little easier to do the major repairs where we have a wider range of tools and shop supplies so we can do a better job on the more involved repairs.

Haight's Mobile Maintenance is a "mom and pop shop" (we have a 15 year old that just got his temps I'm a little scared.) We have been in business since 2009. We just recently moved from my 1200 sq. ft. pole barn to a 2500 sq.ft. commercial building located at 2182 County Highway MM, suite B, Fitchburg WI 53575 Which is about 4 miles south of the belt-line Next to Bucky's Rentals. We service all makes and models of lawn equipment and sell refurbished equipment as well. Go to http://www.haightsmobile.com for more info or if you have any further questions!

Sincerely, Bob Haight
Haight'sMobile

Previous

Return to Catch All