Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
kayaks
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

rush hour TDP forum traffic......

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

rush hour TDP forum traffic......

Postby jasonx5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:47 pm

It appears the visitors to the forums are lacking during rush hour. Does this translate to.... I'm on the forums all day while at work and need to take a break while driving home?
IP addresses are fun!
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Re: rush hour TDP forum traffic......

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes, people use Forum at work. The desktop internet sees the same pattern of use, with mobile and tablet now seeing a spike after 6 pm.

You have posted 206 times since joining on Jan. 6, which translates to 8.5+ posts per day (not corrected to remove weekends). What does that tell us about you, x5?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jasonx5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:26 pm

jjoyce wrote:Yes, people use Forum at work. The desktop internet sees the same pattern of use, with mobile and tablet now seeing a spike after 6 pm.

You have posted 206 times since joining on Jan. 6, which translates to 8.5+ posts per day (not corrected to remove weekends). What does that tell us about you, x5?

Why would you remove weekends? The Koch brothers pay me double time to post on weekends!. I think it should tell you that I get an email and my phone makes a noise so I check it.
You point out my average posts/day here, are you willing to give an average # of posts that come from a public employee puters during business hours?
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:28 am

jasonx5 wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Yes, people use Forum at work. The desktop internet sees the same pattern of use, with mobile and tablet now seeing a spike after 6 pm.

Why would you remove weekends? The Koch brothers pay me double time to post on weekends!. I think it should tell you that I get an email and my phone makes a noise so I check it.
You point out my average posts/day here, are you willing to give an average # of posts that come from a public employee puters during business hours?

Hey, Jason! What about that site you cited with the cautionary note about feeding the trolls?
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:50 am

jasonx5 wrote:It appears the visitors to the forums are lacking during rush hour. Does this translate to.... I'm on the forums all day while at work and need to take a break while driving home?
IP addresses are fun!

I don't care if we devolve into a "Lord of the Flies" parody around here. Let's put it to tribal vote and boot this Piggy.

This guy is fucking useless.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jasonx5 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 am

Endo Rockstar wrote:
jasonx5 wrote:It appears the visitors to the forums are lacking during rush hour. Does this translate to.... I'm on the forums all day while at work and need to take a break while driving home?
IP addresses are fun!

I don't care if we devolve into a "Lord of the Flies" parody around here. Let's put it to tribal vote and boot this Piggy.

This guy is fucking useless.

-Dan Motor

It can be done I guess. Even when you leave trolls alone it doesn't mean they will go away.
Think of the Capitol Singer Trolls, and the Occupy Car Lot Trolls in Madison.
Is it useless to wonder out loud how much time public employees are spending on the internet?
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am

jasonx5 wrote:Is it useless to wonder out loud how much time public employees are spending on the internet?

You mean like when they're illegally doing campaign work for their boss, on the State's dime, for years, and their boss doesn't know anything about it (ha ha)?

I suppose it's not completely useless for us to wonder, but it sounds like one or two branches of the government still care about things like that. THEY wonder, so we (and the WI AG) don't have to. :-)
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jasonx5 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 am

rabble wrote:
jasonx5 wrote:Is it useless to wonder out loud how much time public employees are spending on the internet?

You mean like when they're illegally doing campaign work for their boss, on the State's dime, for years, and their boss doesn't know anything about it (ha ha)?

I suppose it's not completely useless for us to wonder, but it sounds like one or two branches of the government still care about things like that. THEY wonder, so we (and the WI AG) don't have to. :-)

Leave Chuck Chvala alone! He copped a deal and paid for SOME of his mis-doings
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby city2countrygal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 am

Endo Rockstar wrote:I don't care if we devolve into a "Lord of the Flies" parody around here. Let's put it to tribal vote and boot this Piggy.

I'm in for a vote. How about like "Survivor" and the admin. is Jeff Probst. Jasonx5, I'm writing your name down, and it's not for the million dollars!
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm

jasonx5 wrote:Leave Chuck Chvala alone! He copped a deal and paid for SOME of his mis-doings

Yep. Got his ass thrown out too. I'm leaving him alone. He's not only paid, he's still paying in one way or another.

Now that you mention deals, is it useless to wonder what sort of deal Walker will cop to? Think he'll throw any more of his own people under the bus? It's just a puzzle to me.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jasonx5 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

rabble wrote:
jasonx5 wrote:Leave Chuck Chvala alone! He copped a deal and paid for SOME of his mis-doings

Yep. Got his ass thrown out too. I'm leaving him alone. He's not only paid, he's still paying in one way or another.

Now that you mention deals, is it useless to wonder what sort of deal Walker will cop to? Think he'll throw any more of his own people under the bus? It's just a puzzle to me.
I 'm confused, has Walker been charged with anything? As much as you may not like the justice system we have in place here in the USA, one has to be charged with something before they bargain a deal. BTW, I thought your people are all about getting the best deal you can get. Your reply seems a bit hypocritical to me. Personally, I think if he is charged with anything , he should face a jury and be sentenced accordingly.
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh, no, no charges against Walker. Not yet.

Just wondering, that's all.

Like, how does a guy who brags about his management style not know that this many people are doing illegal things, and have been fired for mismanagement? Is cluelessness a good management style?

I wonder if he ought to be captain of an Italian cruise ship. Aren't those interesting things to wonder about?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

rabble wrote:I wonder if he ought to be captain of an Italian cruise ship. Aren't those interesting things to wonder about?

"Oops, I just tripped and fell over this secret computer server and wireless network.

How on earth did that get there?"
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:15 pm

jasonx5 wrote:BTW, I thought your people are all about getting the best deal you can get.

Why do you think this?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:41 pm

wack wack wrote:Why do you think this?

Somebody's been reading joyce's links.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Catch All