MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Where do I complain about this?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Where do I complain about this?

Postby kurt_w » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am

Detritus wrote:you might consider upgrading to a more recent version of your oven. I recommend Microsoft Oven, although you may also have to upgrade your kitchen in order to fit the oven in it.

There are some other downsides to that:

* Once a week, your oven will lock up the kitchen for an hour while it downloads new software from Microsoft, to fix the bugs in last week's update.

* The more effort you put into preparing your baked goods, the harder they will be to find when the oven is finished baking them. For example, instead of just giving you the cupcakes when you open its door, the oven will automatically file them in a drawer with the less than intuitive name
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Oven\Config\Output Files\Error Logs\Overcooked Items\cupcakes.dat

* If you're in a hurry to finish baking before company arrives, your oven will choose that moment to accuse you of harboring pirated software. Before you can continue, you'll need to track down your copy of the oven's original installation DVD,reboot the oven, go online and download and install something called Microsoft Guaranteed Oven Management Software Validator, accept a 100-page license agreement in which the 98th paragraph (written in Sanskrit) gives Microsoft the right to sell your elderly parents into slavery, reboot the oven again, do an Oven Windows Update, and reboot the oven again.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 am

I'm sensing a snarky iOven post is being composed in someone's head right this very minute. Can't wait.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am

This is what we ended up getting:
http://www.maytag.com/-%5BMET8665XW%5D- ... MET8665XW/
Now I'll be able to perfectly time my fish sticks and tator tots without compromise! Also switching our home crap needs over to Menards from Home Depot. I'm sure both dump millions into political causes I disagree with but is there really a retailer that doesn't?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:34 am

The iOven is an amazing cooking tool that will revolutionize how you eat. Rather then require you too spend time making a dish yourself, it looks in your attached refrigerator and pantry and assembles a meal for you, since really, you don't know what you want.

You can use it to prepare meals you have selected, however in order to do so, you must download the instruction set from the Recipe Store™. Apple keeps a careful watch on what recipes are available in the store, and does not allow recipes that might be harmful to the end user or might not fit within Apple's definition of what tastes good.

Amateur and professional chefs can submit their own recipes to the Recipe Store™ and if they pass the submission process, put them up for sale. Apple will take a 10% cut of any recipes sold on the Recipe Store™.

iOven does not support Broiling as it is an outdated and inefficient method of cooking.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 am

it looks in your attached refrigerator and pantry and assembles a meal for you, since really, you don't know what you want.

That would be a pretty useful feature. Neither the wife or myself can every decide on what we want for dinner. We can't be the only ones.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am

fisticuffs wrote:
it looks in your attached refrigerator and pantry and assembles a meal for you, since really, you don't know what you want.

That would be a pretty useful feature. Neither the wife or myself can every decide on what we want for dinner. We can't be the only ones.

Oh, you're not.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Deciding what's for dinner isn't anywhere as bad as deciding where to go for dinner.

"Where do you want to go?

I don't care. Wherever you want to go is fine.

Well I don't care either so you decide.

Honey, it really doesn't matter to me, I can eat anywhere you know this.

Fine, how about Pedro's?

Is that really where you want to go? I mean, if you really want Pedro's I guess we could go there. That's fine.

Or we could just eat at home I guess."

:x
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All