MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Furnace installer and furnace brand recommendations

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Furnace installer and furnace brand recommendations

Postby zippery » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:23 pm

We are looking to replace our gas furnace. Please tell us about any experiences you've had with Madison companies that install furnaces. Also interested in info about specific brands of furnaces.
zippery

Re: Furnace installer and furnace brand recommendations

Postby fennel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

http://www.cpheatingandcooling.com/
Tell them what you need. They'll price accordingly, but not cheaply. Nice, clean work. Based on a neighbor's installation, I had them replace by furnace and install new AC. For me, it was the right choice.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

We went with Harker about 6 yrs back and had a Carrier Infinity plus AC and air exchange sys installed. The Harker guys were professional and solid, but I suspect that their service was no more exceptional than other majors in the area. After it was all said and done I kind of regretted not looking more into a Train system as I believe they have roots in this state. My other regret was not opting for a whole house dehumidifier as the air exchange sys has its limitations, but you didn't ask for this bit of advice and I will go on dealing with this remnant of Midland Builders.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Trane is what I would buy. Before I retired I worked for the sister company of Douglas heating and refrigeration ( in the same building ). Though am no expert on furnaces by any means, as a consumer electronics technician I rubbed elbows with the appliance techs everyday.

Although Trane wasn't their biggest seller, it was what the furnace techs professed to be the top of the line. Admittedly it has been over a decade since I retired, so check around and maybe check with a local Trane dealer.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dairylander » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 am

D&D Heating and Cooling 222-5127
A good smaller company where the guy that answers his phone will be the guy that does the estimate and the install (or his brother).
Dairylander
Forum Addict

Return to Catch All