If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: High School

Postby gargantua » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Do your best, and learn from failure.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 am

narcoleptish wrote:Sticking it out and finishing high school is so much easier than being an adult w/o a HS diploma.

snoqueen wrote:It gets better.

gargantua wrote:Do your best, and learn from failure.

I agree and this sums up my advice. I am now old. I have never been asked my GPA for for any job. I know a lot of people that hate that they have a G.E.D. I know a lot of people that dropped out of college intending to pick it up later and couldn't. All of my jobs have been "Do you have a college degree?" Yes or no. I am not sure they ever really verified it. I make enough money. A college degree is now a box to check.

College kicks a$$.

There is no "permanent record"

Life goes faster the older you get.

Don't be afraid to fail. You can eat rice and live off $5.00 a day. You will survive and it does get better.

doppel wrote:Show up everyday. Graduate. Showing up everyday and finishing the job assigned are the two most important job skills you can learn in HS.

Woody Allen wrote:Eighty percent of success is showing up.

This really is true and works.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 am

gargantua wrote:Do your best, and learn from failure.

It's good to learn from your own mistakes, but it's even better to learn from other people's mistakes.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bleurose » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 am

Think about having to wear long sleeve shirts in the middle of the summer at your professional job because you wanted those tattoos that go from your shoulders to your wrists.

Vis a vis the above: think hard about getting that bull ring in your nose or the rivets in your ear lobes because as an employer in your future, I will find a legal way to NOT hire you and I'm good with that.

Show respect for your teachers and understand that you need to earn their respect. Adults do not have to bow down to your awesomeness until you actually demonstrate that you have some.

Be on time for class, don't skip, do your best work and own it when you don't get your homework done. Everyone has times (don't let it happen very often) when you just don't get it done.
bleurose
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Catch All