MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Sober posts responding to drunk posts

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Sober posts responding to drunk posts

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Actually, I think the funny part is that Doppel seems to take it all so seriously. He's at war with his evil nemesis and liberal agitator, pjbogart!

I left a long, rambling, drunken post about how great the movie "Beasts of the Southern Wild" was, and closed with the standard "Doppel" is a douche" schtick and suddenly the post was all about him. Really?

For a group of people so quick to proclaim the virtues of "picking yourself up by your own bootstraps," conservatives sure are quick to lament their victimhood.

Oh, woe is me! I've been called a douche yet again! Is there no justice in the world?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am

PJ:
You still don't get it. You're the one with the situation. I don't consider you my evil nemesis whatsoever. I've got the time to respond to your meaningless taunts. That''s all. I really don't care what you think of me. Here's my original post regarding your inability to get creative(BTW, You were not refering to me in the posts mentioned).

doppel wrote:Hey PJ:

You need a new putdown. Since you labeled me a douche two and a half months ago, you've used the term fifteen times(you could look it up). Asswipe, cumstain, turdmuncher, sugar-booger eatin' moron, I don't care. Just come up with something\anything new, please.

Ever since, you have called me a douche everytime you're overserved. Thank you for actually not calling me a douche tonight. You're improving. See if you can get all the way to using a new invective. Kind of like quitting smoking, I guess. Nice to see you sober after 9:00 p.m. Have a great day at work tomorrow. Love ya, man.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 am

doppel wrote:PJ:
You still don't get it. You're the one with the situation.

I think his 'situation' is that he gets a laff every time you cry "Please don't call me a douche". And come to think of it, your whining does sound kind of douchey. Kind of lame douche-ness, though.

If you're serious about being a douche, you should really study the ways of the Grand Douchemasters.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm

The Grand Douchemasters is my favorite thread of the year, and possibly of the decade and the millenium. Page 1 by itself is awesome. Plain awesome.

Since the "Best of TDPF" topic has died an ugly death, I'll just have to say it here.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 am

Peej for all you know if Steph had been more sexually adventurous she would have given you AIDS. Or you and Jen might have died in a fiery car crash after you forgave her infidelity.

Whatever decisions you made in the past got you to where you are now.

It's all perfect.

Who knows you may have already prevented Doppel from falling down the stairs and living out his life as a quadriplegic. Atta boy!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 am

pjbogart wrote:Perhaps I could have worked through Jennifer's infidelity, or Stephanie's lack of sexual adventurism.

bdog has a doggone good point. And speaking as a 60-year-old trapped in the body of a 20-year-old, let me just say "working through things" is rarely a good idea.

Suppose Stephanie's lack of sexual adventurism were replaced with an overabundance of same. The Complement Rule of Probability tells us you would almost certainly be bogged down in a no-win sexual war of attrition in some far-off marital jungle in which Mrs. Jennifer Bogart would be banging Stephanie (that slut) all while the two of them had you trapped in a punji stake pit with bamboo punji sticks rubbed with frog feces penetrating your you-know-what. And, of course, they would be laughing at you, not with you.

Listen to bdog. Count your blessings.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 am

Pj, doppel and mad howler all got drunk last night.

Must all be Baltimore fans.

Or San Fran fans.

Or drunks.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am

pjbogart wrote:I'm not sure what would have caused Meade to be correct about something, but I suspect that ripples in the space-time continuum to be at fault."

When a blind beetle crawls over the surface of a curved branch, it doesn't notice that the track it has covered is indeed curved. I was lucky enough to notice what the beetle didn't notice.”

-Albert Einstein

PJ,

Pa-lees

do not encourage

“the cheese”

http://www.portlandoldies.com/pages/markanddave.html

Pls see “We Want To Go To ***THIS*** Party!”
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 am

M-O-O-N, that spells pjbogart
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:58 am

Peej, peej, peej....

Funny stuff..ya gotta laugh it off...happens to all of us.

I try to give young people a break when I see them doing the same stupid things I did at their age. And yeah, I must be doing stupid things now that I'll look back on and regret.

But you're in the realm of silly stupid, not serious stupid. You didn't drunk drive kill someone right? Give yourself a break.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Oh, I wasn't beating myself up, Dave. Just exorcising a few demons, perhaps. And yeah, I have no idea how people guilty of serious crimes can live with themselves, but terrible memories piling up over the course of your life aren't always your fault. People lose loved ones to sickness or violence, suffer debilitating illnesses, rejection, etc and all of that stuff sticks with you whether you want it to or not.

Maybe that's why the Catholics invented confession. A recognition that people need some sort of religious ritual to attempt to put bad memories to rest.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 am

The inability of smart people to follow simple instructions continues to baffle me.

"You just stay here and make sure he doesn't leave the room"
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 am

To answer Sno's hidden question, I think it's mostly on-line persona. A little tweak and jab here and there which I conveniently excuse by "being drunk".

For instance, when my dishes pile up I don't actually go to Target and steal Sharpies. Nor do I stand on my porch shouting racial epithets at pedestrians.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 pm

You don't?

I'm disappointed.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Yeah, and I think I still have about 3/4 of the hydrocodone they prescribed for me, so obviously I wasn't eating them by the mouthful.

My nephew wore me out on Easter Sunday with a rather rugged seven mile hike and I took one of the bigger pills before bed. Was hardly even sore in the morning.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All