MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Kid President

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Kid President

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm

So if you haven't seen it, this video is making the rounds. It's on Rainn Wilson's youtube page so I assume he has something to do with it. Whatever the case, this kid's advise is better than about 90% of the adults I interact with in life. Just a nice, cheesy video for a sometimes dreary outlook on life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9 ... -t&index=1
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Kid President

Postby massimo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 pm

I don't know, there's something I find off-putting about a kid delivering lines clearly written by an adult.

Also, I'm done with the word "awesome" as in "Be more awesome" or "Make the world more awesome." I have acquaintances who attend mega-churches who say shit like "God is, like, so AWESOME!" and it takes real effort to keep myself from harming them.

Yet, I manage to like this video. The kid is too adorable.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll check out the video later but I'm relieved to find out that this isn't an announcement that Kid Rock has entered politics.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

I agree that "awesome" (and also "amazing") have been over-used by dinks near and far. There is a dingus who I'm FBook friends with and I don't know if he works as a motivational speaker or is annoyingly Christian or what, but net result is the same - a lot of posts about "Today, be 20% more awesome and enjoy the results!".

Truly heaven is a place where one is not subjected to lame-ohs trying to be positive. I mean, I'm a pretty positive guy, but false positivity really annoys me.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All