MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, January 25, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 28.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

The pet peeve thread or let's bitch about things

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: The pet peeve thread or let's bitch about things

Postby Galoot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Jademan7 wrote:Madison's street/road/lane lines.
As soon as you get a little rain and some cloud cover or darkness, they disappear.

Oh hell yes. I was utterly baffled by this the first few years I lived in Madison. A bit of rain, and the streets turn into a vague dark area between the streetlights.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Whenever I'm searching the internet for something I'm really interested in, many of the sites are in really tiny writing and I have to zoom it.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Bwis53 wrote:Whenever I'm searching the internet for something I'm really interested in, many of the sites are in really tiny writing and I have to zoom it.

Not to mention that if you're on the mobile version of their site, often the designers disabled zooming for god-knows-what-reason.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:36 pm

narcoleptish wrote:The loss of free TV, at least where I live.

I've become so used to hearing only about 70% of the dialogue on the shows I watch that I'm starting to think that's how people talk in show business. Channel 57 seems to be the only one that is never affected. I have a "good" antenna too and I've moved it around to different places, but even on completely clear nights the reception sucks. Never had a problem before digital.

Yes. Fuck digital TV right in the CBS eye. Is there anyone this worked out for, except the cablesatellite providers?
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:45 pm

minicat wrote:Yes. Fuck digital TV right in the CBS eye. Is there anyone this worked out for, except the cablesatellite providers?

Anyone using LTE/4G phones. The old analog TV spectrum not reserved for public safety was auctioned off back in 2008.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm

hey, more reason to hate cell phones.

CELL PHONES! FUCKERZ.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wesconsin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 am

TIME TO TAKE SOME PEOPLE TO TASK.
sorry, some of these bugged me, and un-informed/unwarranted/selfish complaining is one of my pet peeves.

bdog wrote:A "re-homing fee" is charged by someone who has to give up their dog or cat due to unfortunate circumstances and wants to make sure it goes to a good home.

If your dog just had puppies because you bred it it's not a re-homing fee, you're SELLING THEM!

Or they are trying to avoid giving the dogs to people who will use the dogs for illegal reasons. Or they are trying to cover the costs of having the puppies and keeping them healthy?

Dangerousman wrote:Madison's hilarious position that aluminum and plexiglas bus shelters and a slab of concrete with a picnic table and roof over it in a park are "government buildings."

Its government land, and anything that happens on that government land would be on the government (insurance wise, legally, etc)

That guy who witnessed Jehovah knocking at my door this weekend.

Mild annoyance at best, why don't you take the opportunity to sharpen your debate skills and have a good debate (assuming you are religious in some form or fashion)

The snowplow drivers who seem to think the entrance to my freshly cleared driveway is a good place to leave a lot of snow.

Right, because those snowplow drivers get out of their truck and start shoveling the snow right where it would make you mad, because they have so much control where it goes. How about it goes there because there isn't a curb to keep it in like the rest of the street so it overflows into opening (your driveway isn't the only one either, i'd bet that all driveways and sidewalk entrances get overflow piled up

People in the grocery store standing around staring like they've just set foot on the planet for the first time 2 minutes earlier.

I'm guessing you aren't the kind of guy who thinks before he acts. You know, maybe they are thinking about planning a dinner for the night, or doing mental math to see if they can afford it.

My DVR cutting off of the last few seconds of next week's episode preview.

There should be a setting to extend the recording a couple minutes (DirecTV for sure has this)

People who think Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity or any of the left wing and right wing talk show self-important blowhards are worth watching.

Right, like Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh? Good call.

My stupid HP printer that thinks it needs to go "off line" all the time.

Probably a power save feature.

narcoleptish wrote:The loss of free TV, at least where I live.

I've become so used to hearing only about 70% of the dialogue on the shows I watch that I'm starting to think that's how people talk in show business. Channel 57 seems to be the only one that is never affected. I have a "good" antenna too and I've moved it around to different places, but even on completely clear nights the reception sucks. Never had a problem before digital.

Must be your location, because my digital reception is impeccable, couldn't tell the difference between that and cable service. I did also pay about $50 for my antennae though.
wesconsin

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:50 am

Way to miss the point, Wes.

Fuckers like you really piss me off.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wesconsin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:Way to miss the point, Wes.

Fuckers like you really piss me off.

No, i think the concept may be lost on yourself.

its a 'let's bitch thread'

I bitched, about bitching. :wink:
wesconsin

Postby jtmehrin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Bikers in the right/parking lane during rush hour (In bound or out bound).

This is especially perplexing on Willy St. when there is a bike path 1/2 block in one direction or Jenifer St a block in the other direction.

No you don't ride fast enough.
jtmehrin

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Bikers who ride on the sidewalk, come up behind you and scare the crap outta you.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Bwis53 wrote:Bikers who ride on the sidewalk, come up behind you and scare the crap outta you.

Insert stick into spokes. Watch hilarity ensue.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:Bikers who ride on the sidewalk, come up behind you and scare the crap outta you.

Insert stick into spokes. Watch hilarity ensue.

That would only work if you were ready for the biker and not surprised.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:11 pm

What's with the morans traveling straight in heavy traffic who move into an intersection without making sure they can get through it before the light turns?
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:44 pm

jtmehrin wrote:Bikers in the right/parking lane during rush hour (In bound or out bound).

This is especially perplexing on Willy St. when there is a bike path 1/2 block in one direction or Jenifer St a block in the other direction.

No you don't ride fast enough.

I second this. What are they thinking of?

I got behind one of these guys tonight and, with the other lane being full of traffic, I just stayed behind him at a safe distance. He got really angry. What was I supposed to do, leap over him? Go around the block to give him a head start?

Weird, and very unsafe for the biker for so many reasons.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All