MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

The Nintendo Wii

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby Beer Moon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:50 pm

Nintendo of America President reports: Nintendo will not be able to meet holiday demand for Wii consoles.

In the first six months it's due to demand.

Any time after that, it's due to incompetence.

"I can't guarantee that we're going to meet demand. As a matter of fact, I can tell you on the record we won't."
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Nintendo's rather stubborn refusal to sell anything at a loss is both their greatest stregnth and their most damning weakness. They coasted fine during the Gamecube era since even when the little purple box was a resounded flop in the last year with little worthy software, they still were profiting on the few that were sold.

If they sucked it up, opened another assembly line and started air lifting the machines instead of boat shipping, you'd see the whole thing turn around in an instant. Instead, we're left with the mystique of this amazing video game system that still sells out a year later. bloggers and mainstream press talk about the rapid success, but the very casual gamer base that Nintendo is supposedly courting and gaining isn't going to call gamestop every day or visit walmart on lunch break to find one.

I have a Wii, I enjoyed Metroid Prime 3, and I'm sure I'll get a kick from Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros, but thats about all I'm interested in for the next year or so.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Nintendo Wii

Postby babinea » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:49 am

How to play other people through internet on Nintendo Wii? I recently hooked up my Nintendo Wii to the internet. I've added two people in my address book, and they also added me, so I believe this means that we are "registered." How and What games will allow us to play each other through the internet?

Re: The Nintendo Wii

Postby gamehero05 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 am

Hi, im new here and was wondering if there is a way to copy games that were downloaded from the wii site from one wii console to another? My brother just bought a wii from the pawn shop and it has a whole bunch of nes, snes and sega games on it.. i want to know if i came copy those to a sd or anouther way to save them to my console.. my console is not modded, not sure if his is...

i trying seaching but couldn't find a answer.. thanks!
gamehero05

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games