MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

What are you playing now?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby supaunknown » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:53 pm

The Godfather

Just started it. So far it oozes style and doesn't have much "game". Better than the Turkish/Urkranian-created game "Mafia". That game was the worst I've ever played.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5576
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:07 pm

dryersheet wrote:Temple of Elemental Evil (womderful game but broken, even today)

Best D&D game I've ever seen.
Have you installed the Circle of Eight Mod Pack?

supaunknown wrote:The Godfather
Just started it.


ATTN: OUTTATOONS - No practice next week.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8750
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:35 pm

Postby TAsunder » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Anyone played Bully yet? I oscillate between thinking it is genius and thinking it looks about as exciting as a ball of lint.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:21 pm
Location: Near East Side, Madison

Postby Beer Moon » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:35 am

I'll start shelling out to Rockstar Games as soon as they stop churning out tripe.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:08 pm

Postby jammybastard » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:13 pm

Beer Moon wrote:I'll start shelling out to Rockstar Games as soon as they stop churning out tripe.


Awww...Bully and Table Tennis are great!

I know one game I'm NOT going near:
BF2142.

Pay EA to put advertising on the my pc, and leave the backdoor open? No thanks.

BTW - Anyone got a copy of FEAR they want to sell for $5-10. That's one I missed, but at this point I'm not deesperate to buy it at full price.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Postby TAsunder » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 am

I think I just tossed my copy of fear... but I'll double check.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:21 pm
Location: Near East Side, Madison

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:45 am

Harvest Moon - Another Wonderful Life 8)
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Northeast side

Postby curiouslystrong » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Aside from Lumines on the 360, I've been enjoying Dawn of War: Winter Assualt and Defcon.

Also, Lego Star Wars is very endearing.
curiouslystrong
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Postby jammybastard » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:43 pm

TAsunder wrote:I think I just tossed my copy of fear... but I'll double check.


thanks.
Drop me an email if you've still got it.
jammy[at]tangymusic[dot]com.
I can send you a cash/check or paypal you.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Postby TAsunder » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 am

Looks like I tossed almost every computer game I own, including FEAR, except for homm5, half life 2, and company of heroes. Hopefully if I crave world of warcraft again I can reactivate my account somehow, even though I tossed the CDs. Sheesh... must have been in a really self-rigteous mood that day.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:21 pm
Location: Near East Side, Madison

Postby yellowmosquito » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:42 pm

My currently playing list:

Oblivion (I only do the side quests..don't like the main quest line)

Fallout: Tactics (Only because I'm waiting for Fallout 3 to get here)

Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales (Buggy, but I love pirate games)

Company of Heroes (Multiplayer only)

Call of Duty 2 (Multiplayer only)
yellowmosquito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Madison

Postby yellowmosquito » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:23 am

supaunknown wrote:The Godfather

Just started it. So far it oozes style and doesn't have much "game". Better than the Turkish/Urkranian-created game "Mafia". That game was the worst I've ever played.


I actually really liked the PC version of Mafia, and thought it was much more fun than the GTA games. There is nothing quite like driving around in old cars with jazz music playing and a tommy gun firing from the passenger side window. I last played it four years ago, so it obviously doesnt compare to today's games in terms of technical prowess, but I thought it was pretty good for 2002. What didn't you like about the game?
yellowmosquito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Madison

Postby supaunknown » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:53 am

yellowmosquito wrote:
supaunknown wrote:The Godfather

Just started it. So far it oozes style and doesn't have much "game". Better than the Turkish/Urkranian-created game "Mafia". That game was the worst I've ever played.

I actually really liked the PC version of Mafia, and thought it was much more fun than the GTA games. There is nothing quite like driving around in old cars with jazz music playing and a tommy gun firing from the passenger side window. I last played it four years ago, so it obviously doesnt compare to today's games in terms of technical prowess, but I thought it was pretty good for 2002. What didn't you like about the game?

Mafia on PS2 is just ridiculous because the screens take forever & a day to load - like every time you drive somewhere significant it's gotta re-render the whole area. No short wait. Other than that I found it pretty amusing in a clunky way. I liked the old cars too. I did get the feeling the game was actually produced with mafia money. Strange, halfass game.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5576
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Postby yellowmosquito » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:38 am

supaunknown wrote:Mafia on PS2 is just ridiculous because the screens take forever & a day to load - like every time you drive somewhere significant it's gotta re-render the whole area. No short wait. Other than that I found it pretty amusing in a clunky way. I liked the old cars too. I did get the feeling the game was actually produced with mafia money. Strange, halfass game.


It sounds like the PS2 version is much crappier. I don't remember this kind of excessive loading when playing on the PC.

The best part about this game for me was that turning around wouldnt make people behind you disappear or appear like it did in the GTA games (which always really bugged me).
yellowmosquito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Madison

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:46 pm

HOMM 3 (as always)
TR Legend (boring)
TR 1 (I finally took the time to find my patches and attempt to play the original on XP. The graphics are blocky, but the res is good and since it's been about 5 years since I've played the game, there's a pleasant and memorable surprise around every corner).
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6090
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

cron
Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar