MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Next-Gen Stepping Up Online Offerings

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby MadMind » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:31 am

(Wii Virtual Console)
As someone who's never owned a Turbografx-16, could anyone tell me how Chase H.Q., Vigilante, and Splatterhouse compare to the original arcade versions?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Next-Gen Stepping Up Online Offerings

Postby MadMind75 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:14 pm

So I turned on my Wii for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised.
One, they've revamped the Nintendo Channel and expanded the settings to include the option to view videos at high quality.
Two, they've made the Internet Channel free for download again.
Three, they have five WiiWare demos available for download free of charge through the end of January. I highly recommend checking out Bit.Trip Void, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits and World Of Goo.

Now if they'd only break and begin offering demo's for Virtual Console games, and perhaps sell a hard drive add-on, I know I'd part with $50 for a hard drive peripheral.
There's a lot of games on the Virtual Console I'd love to try out without being forced to purchase. Konami for example has been reviving some of their IP's in classic 2D form under the ReBirth subtitle, starting with Gradius and Contra with Castlevania ReBirth on it's way.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Re: Next-Gen Stepping Up Online Offerings

Postby MadMind75 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 am

I'm just curious, does anyone know if you can still purchase a delisted Xbox Live game if you still have the demo on your hard drive?
I realized with the games I purchased off of Xbox Live, that the amount of memory a demo takes up is identical to that of the full game.

I ask because I found out that Double Dragon, the only version to feature not only an arcade-perfect emulation of the original arcade game but with an optional game mode featuring redrawn high definition graphics and a remixed soundtrack, was delisted on July 1, 2009 due to the closure of its publisher, Empire Interactive.

Double Dragon is probably the only delisted Xbox Live arcade title I had planned on purchasing someday.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games