MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Rare Console Games You'd Like To Have

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Rare Console Games You'd Like To Have

Postby MadMind » Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 pm

As Prof. Wagstaff brought to our attention, there is a market for collectible games.

The next generation of consoles is here, and there are even games on the previous generation (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) that are difficult to find - but I don't think they have really achieved any sort of full-fledged "collectible" status just yet.

Are there any rare console games that you'd like to have in your collection? Games that bastards on Amazon and Ebay are hawking for more than they're worth, knowlingly taking advantage of the collector in all of us?
Or perhaps games that you'd like to see re-released/repackaged (i.e. Phantasy Star IV, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Zelda: Majora's Mask, San Francisco Rush 2049), made available for download on the 360 (i.e. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, Ikaruga) and the PS3, or made available for sale on the Wii's Virtual Console (i.e. Gunstar Heroes, Beyond Oasis)?

Surprisingly, the largest amount of older 'rare' games I'd like in my collection seem to be for the original Playstation. And those heartless pricks at Amazon & Ebay are all over it.
Last edited by MadMind on Tue May 08, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 am

I'm an anti-collector.

I want the games, not to swap cartidges.

ROMS rule. A modded xbox is a great way to play them.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mmmm23 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:43 pm

There's a PS1 game called something like...uh... "Poy Poy" that I miss. Four player brawl thingy. Good times.

I'm also having a doozy of a time finding Psychonauts for the X-Box, but mainly because I'm too weird to just do the mail order thing. For some reason I've got a retail fetish when it comes to buying video games.

And when the hell is someone gonna remake Archon for a current gen console? Seems like it'd be a no-brainer.
mmmm23

Postby aaronetc » Fri May 04, 2007 8:02 am

There are a handful of Saturn and Dreamcast games that I never got to play that I'd like to check out (primarily Nights Into Dreams and Shenmue, but also the Saturn version of Mortal Kombat II), which I'd probably buy now if I saw them at a used game shop, and if there was also a cheap system there.

The one game I'd been meaning to buy for years and years was Super Mario 64, but I finally eBayed it last fall and have played little else since then.
aaronetc
Forum Addict

Postby rezin » Tue May 08, 2007 1:39 pm

i'd live to find a copy of return fire for the ps1. i had so much fun playing that years ago
rezin
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind » Wed May 09, 2007 4:48 pm

rezin wrote:i'd live to find a copy of return fire for the ps1. i had so much fun playing that years ago

That was a great, fun game. And those bastards at Amazon currently want anywhere from $27.95 to $44.99 for a used copy! Strange how it originated on the 3DO and you can currently get that version for as low as $11.95.

mmmm23 wrote:I'm also having a doozy of a time finding Psychonauts for the X-Box, but mainly because I'm too weird to just do the mail order thing. For some reason I've got a retail fetish when it comes to buying video games.

I feel your pain. I'd just check Electronics Boutique, Software Etc, and Gamestop for used copies. I think I saw one at Electronics Boutique before.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games