MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

CHARTER CABLE SUCKS!!

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby Ted » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:41 am

It's possible the dropouts at low temps are due to some temp sensitive active electronics in the Charter system somewhere. I assume they must have repeaters/amplifiers throughout the city, and maybe in RSS's area there's a bum one that has less gain at low temp. I would think Charter should be able to deal with this though....
Ted

Postby butters » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 am

Here's what i like about Charter:

They sent me a letter informing me of a rate increase--$1.27 for basic. Fine. No big deal.
But this is how they described it:
"Charter is committed to providing you greater value - with enhanced programming, more choices, and superior quality for your entertainment services. The following price adjustments reflect the increased value of these services and will take effect February 1, 2008."

Less channels, higher price = greater value
It's like a special offer just for me. ':D'

A letter this comical really brightened my day.
Thanks Charter!
butters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ted » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:40 pm

butter:
The Charter spin that ticked me off was when a couple years ago they were raising the rates 3X inflation, and the excuse was "Our connection fees keep going up, bwah, bwah, bo-hoo". What peeves me about that is I have to sit through ridiculously long 5 minute blocks of stupid commercials on every channel. Aren't commercials paying for some of the programming!?!? Someone is making big $$$$.... The last year or so the Charter rate increases have been leveling off somewhat. I think they have finally reached a threshold of pain where too many people will jump to satellite....
Ted

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games