MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

How bad is Charter telephone?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

How bad is Charter telephone?

Postby dudemeister » Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 am

Shortly we will need new cable, internet and phone. I'm thinking that Charter has a pretty good deal these days.

What I'm wondering is how bad the Charter telephone is. I'm thinking if it goes out, they'll be there in a week to fix it.

Is there some kind of regulation that requires phone service to be fixed faster?

I know my Charter internet has been flaky in the past and gone down for whole days at a time; is the telephone on the same system so it goes out for 24 hours also?
dudemeister
Forum Addict

Postby depinmad » Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

i've had charter telephone for a couple of years with no problems yet.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue May 13, 2008 11:44 am

It's somewhere between a normal land line and a cell phone in quality. Closer to a normal land line usually, but occasionally dipping down in audio quality noticeably. I've never had an outage for a week. When it does go down, the whole cable line is dead and there's no need for a tech to come out to fix just the phone. It happens a few times a year, usually for no more than an hour or two.

The voicemail system is a little quirky, though. I think they upgraded it in the last year and it's been better, but I used to have inconsistent dial tone indicators - sometimes it wouldn't indicate I had VM when I did, and sometimes vice versa. But like I said, it's been better lately.

It's nice having unlimited long distance.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games