MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Max Payne: The Movie

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Max Payne: The Movie

Postby MadMind » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:38 pm

I just saw Max Payne on DVD last night.
Call me crazy, but apart from all the differences between the film and the game, I really enjoyed it.

I think Mark Wahlberg actually did a solid job of portraying Max Payne, so I'm not going to go to the trouble of suggesting replacements for the main role.
The two roles I had the most difficulty swallowing was Mila Kunis (Jackie from 'That 70's Show) as Mona Sax, and Ludacris as Jim Bravura.
Now, in the game Jim Bravura is a 60 year old man. Anyone, other than a rapper trying to make it in the acting game, would have been a better choice.
As for Mona Sax, I would've cast someone older, perhaps Rhona Mitra (Doomsday, Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans) or Bridget Moynahan (I, Robot).

Apart from that, it was definitely up there as far as video-game adaptations on the big screen go. Some good action, and things get really jacked up near the end.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Max Payne: The Movie

Postby MadMind » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 am

I'm still looking for the instrumental version of Marilyn Manson's "If I was your vampire" that was played in the trailers for Max Payne.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. The song's better without Marilyn's whiny voice.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games