MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings

Postby MadMind » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 am

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings from Lucasarts is set to whip into action Tuesday June 9th.
The Wii version of the game will include an unlockable version of the classic point and click adventure, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, which is cool news since it's particularly difficult to find old Lucasarts point-and-click games on abandonware sites since they're all still under copyright.
Although as of recent, Lucasarts says that they intend on revisiting past IP's.

The future of Indiana Jones and The Staff Of Kings on the 360 and PS3 seems uncertain at this point. Wikipedia states; In the May 2009 issue of Game Informer, the magazine reported that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Indiana Jones have been canceled. However, there has been no comment from LucasArts about its cancellation."
Was the 360/PS3 version going to have been a graphically enhanced version of the Wii game or (hopefully) an entirely different game under the same title? Can anyone clear this up?

Either way, I think it's rather unfortunate that the only next-gen game Indy fans are getting is a Wii title. The Wii's graphics suck!
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings

Postby MadMind » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 pm

MadMind wrote:The Wii version of the game will include an unlockable version of the classic point and click adventure, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis!

I only wonder if it's the CD-ROM version (released a year later in 1993) which included a full voiceover soundtrack.
I haven't found anything which specifies which version is included, but being that it's on the Wii somehow I doubt that it's the CD-ROM version :cry:
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings

Postby MadMind » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:17 am

Nevermind, I'll answer my own question.
Taken from the Game Informer review, "[Fate Of Atlantis] features an extensive narrative (which is penned brilliantly and accompanied by spoken dialogue)." So apparently it is the 93 CD-ROM version.

As for Staff Of Kings though, Ouch!
The Game Informer review rips it a new one, and ends by stating "Only approach this game if you intend to play Fate of Atlantis."

Can't say I'm surprised. I'll wait until it's in a bargain bin somewhere or ebay for $10.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games