MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

New Ipods coming

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: New Ipods coming

Postby Petro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:*strolls by whistling nonchalantly*

I'm pretty happy with Cubed paired with my android phone.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:*strolls by whistling nonchalantly*

Yeah ... apparently it was too great an ordeal for Apple's code monkeys to port that little database query over to the Classic. One more way they're no different than Microsoft: reluctance to support older system software (never mind my iPod was released in tandem with the second gen iPhone) and a firm embrace of planned obsolescence. Don't even get me started on Snow Leopard from a systems administration standpoint (typing this on Tiger, thank you very much).

And really, Danimal ... 3G? Is that all you got? My EVO 4G makes that shit look like a fuckin' abacus*.

* Yeah, so I've got to be in or near Chicago to take advantage of that shit ... fuck you.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Uncle_Leaver wrote:Don't even get me started on Snow Leopard from a systems administration standpoint (typing this on Tiger, thank you very much).

You've piqued my interest. What rankles you about 10.6 from an admin standpoint?

I straddle both platforms with a bias toward the PC end of things, but I've been pretty happy with Mac & OSX for the past couple of years; even if I don't trust their excuse for a security model and would never pay their outrageous prices for hardware with my own money.

Full disclosure: I picked up the most recent refresh of the new Mac Pro last week and I've been humping the shit out of the thing at every opportunity. >$3k buys you a nice computer these days.

PS - I'm a fellow Evo swangin' nerd. You running the stock rom on yours?
Petro
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games