MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Channel 47's signal?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: Channel 47's signal?

Postby chainsawcurtis » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:51 am

Had a nice e-mail exchange with a tech guy from Channel 47. The rescan worked and I'm picking up their three plus the two 15 channels.

The Cool channel had some great live concert footage last night - Johnny Winter, Cream's last concert. Might be worth an occasional tune-in.
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby Ted » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:14 pm

I cannot receive channel 47-1 over the air anymore. I have a Dish Network receiver. (Yes, I did a rescan.) My channel guide lists 3 channel 47 channels. subchannels 2 and 3 work, but the main one (WMSN) has a signal level of 0. Anybody have a solution to this problem?
Ted

Postby Ted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 pm

OK, got it figured out. I found this on Fox's website. Apparently, you need to manually delete the old channel 47-1 from the scanned channels. A new auto-scan will not work. For some reason, it doesn't completely flush the old 47:

With DISH Network receivers you have to go into your system and delete the "old" 47-1 information and "Add" the new 47-1 tuning information.
To do this arrow down to CHANNEL SETUP and hit SELECT.
Under CHANNEL SETUP Arrow down to CHANNEL LIST. and hit SELECT
Channel list will now let you delete "47-1", "47-2" and "47-3".(This is to erase the old information that is memorized.)
Now you have two choices. You can either go to FIND NEW CHANNELS, or ADD A NEW CHANNEL. If you use ADD a NEW CHANNEL if it doesn't find 47, try adding 49. Hopefully this will memorize our signal.

In a pinch you can enter "49-1" and our signal should show up, however since it isn't memorized, you will always have to manually enter 49-1 instead of "47" until you are able to scan the signal into memory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted

Postby blueboy714 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 pm

markkay wrote:I really don't want to give Charter or any other tv provider (AT&T, Dish Network, etc.) any money. I wonder if I should pay for an outdoor antenna. Any thoughts?

Charter isn't much better. I have an old tv (non-widescreen) and Charter shows Fox in widescreen mode so about 1/3 of the screen is chopped off.
blueboy714

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games